New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · PASSION

No Regrets
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · PASSION

Was able to attend a performance of a "singer/songwriter" and listening to this young lady sing her songs sent shivers down my spine! She sang with so much passion! With her permission, she allowed me to take a few candid photos while she performed. It was a fabulous evening.

I am not a pro, just an enthusiastic amateur. Constructive comments and criticism are always welcome, in an effort to help me learn and improve I will note upfront that I do not have LR or PS, etc. Simply using my onboard iPhoto built into my MBPro laptop.

Best wishes,
Don

DSC_8126 by Don Sawall, on Flickr

DSC_8127 by Don Sawall, on Flickr

Sep 01, 2017 at 06:43 PM
story_teller
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · PASSION

Hi Don,
Nice captures in available light!

for my taste both photos are a little hot on the face. I would have sacrificed a bit on the other areas to get the exposure on the face correct. Without flash or a reflector you have to decide what is the important part of the photo and nail the exposure there. Not sure what you used, but I probably would have used spot metering on the face.

Of course all this is also subject to artistic interpretation.

Sep 02, 2017 at 06:06 AM
No Regrets
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · PASSION

Thank you Larry for your comments! Yes, I was just using available light and I believe I was using center weighted metering. That's a good tip about using the spot metering... I didn't even think of trying that in the moment. Good to know for next time though
The lighting was horrible, so I was just tickled to see that I got something out of it If I get the opportunity to try this again, I'll definitely try the spot metering.

Thx again for taking the time to help me learn!
Best wishes,
Don

Sep 02, 2017 at 11:39 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.