New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Best Fuji Mirrorless?

njfantastico
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Best Fuji Mirrorless?

I have had this discussion with a team of Fuji Reps and there was not a conclusive answer. SO, i thought i'd pose the question to the group.

Best Fuji digital camera for all around use? State Camera, state best lens and a short description of why.

ex

Xblah1, Xmm 1.2, I love this combo as i use it for X, X, and X and it's amazing because of X

The results will be shown to Fuji Reps, just FYI

Sep 01, 2017 at 03:31 PM
liggy
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Best Fuji Mirrorless?

Lol... this is going to be a mess.

In theory for me - I'd go with GS X-T2 16-55. Fast, sharp, flexible, WR do it all.

But for prime lenses - hard to beat the X Pro2 with a 23 or 35.

Casual travel - X-T20 18-55 or 18-135

X100F if you see the world in 35mm...

Impossible to answer question because everyone has different priorities.

Sep 01, 2017 at 04:11 PM
Lumens1

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Best Fuji Mirrorless?

This is obviously very subjective, but for "all around" use I love my XT-2 because with:
27 mm - perfect for street photography
18-135 - Casual shooting / walk around
60 mm & 16mm - Macro and close up
16mm - landscape, Macro and Astro
18-55 - General every day use / walk around
55-200 - Casual telephoto shooting / walk around
100-400 w/Vertical Battery Grip - Wildlife

The XT-2 is a regular "TransFormer" - It transforms into whatever you need!!

Sep 01, 2017 at 04:13 PM
rdeloe
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Best Fuji Mirrorless?

+1 on X-T2.

* Relatively small package with the XF 27mm, which is just amazingly good
* Handy all-arounder with a mix of other Fujix primes (I don't have any zooms). I'm using 14/2.8, 23/2, 35/2, 60/2.8 and 90/2 in addition to the 27/2.8
* Excellent tilt-shift machine with a tilt-shift adapter and OM primes (plus one Canon FD 35/2.8 TS lens)

Sep 01, 2017 at 04:17 PM
millsart
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Best Fuji Mirrorless?

I for one and glad Fuji reps are smart enough to realize that their user base has different photographic interest, budgets etc.

Sorry to say , but stupid thread and stupid premise. What is the point honestly ? Your going to get some users, all with their own biases, saying what is "best" for them, and to what end ?

Fuji going to stop making everything ?

Its like asking what the "best" car is and someone saying its such and such $30K sedan because it meets all their needs, but surely the guy who has a 30 foot boat he wants to tow is going to find little value in such a choice..

Sep 01, 2017 at 04:28 PM
njfantastico
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Best Fuji Mirrorless?

Millsart, I see that you are a party pooper!

The idea was to just simply ask, give your opinion, and move on.

We were curious to see the result.

Sep 01, 2017 at 05:37 PM
fsiagian
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Best Fuji Mirrorless?

One and only X-Pro1 and 35mm f1.4

Sep 01, 2017 at 06:18 PM
charles.K
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Best Fuji Mirrorless?

The XT2 combined with:

XF18/2 superb street lens
XF 27 again superb lens to go
XF 16/1.4 amazing wide angle.
XF 23/1.4 great lens
XF 56/1.2 APD probably one of the best lenses
XF 90 great lens but limited usage because of effective FL
XF 50-140 fantastic work horse combined with 1.4X Tele

I did have the X100F but I have only just moved this on as we prefer to use the XT2 combo of the XF 18/2 or 27.

Sep 02, 2017 at 05:16 AM
Alanu
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Best Fuji Mirrorless?

Fuji reps will see this ??

Please tell the reps to produce an image stabilized 10-24mm f/2.8 zoom. This would provide great versatility for many applications for UWA and WA lovers. I'd love to purchase such a lens even if it's heavy.

I'm assuming there is a touchscreen in the works for the next generation of the X-T3??

There is such a following for the eye detection in the Sony line of mirrorless. For Fuji to display eager ears listening to loyal Fuji users a much needed responsive eye detection would make a statement.

The Sony A9 has ruffled feathers even in the mirrored DSLR world as it can focus in extremely low light. My X-t2 has not given me confidence to shoot in low light compared to my Canon 5dmk3 or 5dmk4 as I seem to get the fuji !AF indicator telling me the camera will not focus. The low light environment has made my fuji go even slower in AF in situations where my mirrored bodies are not as greatly effected.

The X-t2 is probably the best universal application body fuji has to offer for the Fuji user. Battery booster has got to be one of the best accessories for this body. The 10-24mm f/4 produces incredible IQ but f/4 is not fast enough but acceptable. 16mm is fantastic for me as I love the 24mm FOV. 56mm controls purple fringing relatively well and suits my shooting style for portraits.

I've had a lot of discussions locally regarding my Fuji system I use. I know many locals that use two camera systems and many of them use the Fuji system as a secondary system for their pleasure or when light is ideal they will use it for their workflow. Run/gun events photography I know many that cannot let go of their mirrored bodies simply due to fuji's unreliable slow AF in low light. The fact that a mirrored body Canon/Nikon can autofocus with blazing speed in pitch darkness with the use of the speedlight's red focus assist grid gives confidence.

My X-t2 has been a pleasant improvement in the AF department but it's still not reliable enough in low light. The 16MP generation bodies was something I couldn't tolerate when under high stress shooting environments. Casual enjoyable photography I loved my X-e2 and X-t10 but there were times I'd get frustrated in the AF speed.

For demanding shooters I think for the interchangeable lens bodies the X-pro2, X-t2 and X-t20 are the only acceptable Fuji bodies that is maxed out in Fuji tech when it comes to AF.

Newer f/1.4 glass is needed to match the new gen WR f/2 fuji glass as far as AF speed is concerned. The old 60mm, 18mm f/2 and 35 f/1.4 is good examples of severe bottle neck in performance of a fuji camera system. If fuji is listening a newer MK2 version is needed now while Sony is full steam ahead in innovation.

I hope the Fuji reps are listening! I absolutely love my Fuji system for the IQ. I still feel my little prosumer Canon 80D can focus faster using center point AF-C with great accuracy. Some things I cannot rely on spray and pray using zone AF on my Fuji.

Like anything selecting tools for specific situations cannot always be found in "one brand". If photogs can handle the weight the mirrored systems are still extremely potent and simply deliver results with no excuses. Fuji is still in it's infancy just releasing their first EF-X500 TTL/HSS capabilities and AF is still not upto par in low light.

I'm just stating my personal findings and I accept the limitations in my camera gear. If the Fuji reps are listening I do not apologize for my honesty in my views. I've met many local photogs stating exact same experiences I do with my Fuji gear. Many will not use fuji for run/gun events work especially in low light.

Sep 02, 2017 at 08:07 AM
gregfountain
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Best Fuji Mirrorless?

I'm new (well, new again) to the Fuji party so I can only tell you why I chose what I chose;

XT2 for IQ and versatility
16-55 and the 50-140 because it covers 24-210 with constant 2.8 aperture
*16/1.4 because not only is it an excellent wide angle lens, it also focuses close, which I love to use WA for.
*56/1.2 because I already miss my 85L - this comes close.

The fact that I can throw the XT2 with grip, the 16-55 and 50-140 in a bag that weights half of my similar canon setup...as they say...priceless.

*=future lens

Sep 02, 2017 at 04:07 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jeffrey
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Best Fuji Mirrorless?

Really? Ask 100 people and get 100 different answers. There is no best. It's personal choice and usage. These polls are useless.

Sep 02, 2017 at 07:37 PM
dakel
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Best Fuji Mirrorless?

I can't tell you what the best is, but I can tell you what my favourite would be.
XPro-2 + 18-55

Why because it's image stabilised. If they bring out the rumoured X-T2S which IBIS, then my choice change to X-T2S + 35/1.4

Sep 02, 2017 at 07:45 PM
CMcG01
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Best Fuji Mirrorless?

Jeffrey wrote:
Really? Ask 100 people and get 100 different answers. There is no best. It's personal choice and usage. These polls are useless.

I suspect that's the point, what and why is the best for you? Perhaps it shines a light on needs or combinations in real life by real people that isn't considered by people in a board room or lab.

My 'Best Kit' currently is the X Pro 2 and 14, 23 1.4, 90 f2 and an adapted macro lens (Leica R 60). I think the 50 f2 might fit well in there and could be my 'best' walk around combo.

In reality, XP2 and 18-55 is the 'travel with 1 lens' choice.

Sep 03, 2017 at 06:33 PM
Pavel
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Best Fuji Mirrorless?

X-Pro2 and the whole lineup of primes. Why? Because that is the one thing, the optical viefinder and small sized nicely balanced lens/body combo that can't be found with ANY other manufacturer.

Except Leica. Leica still has little to fear from Fuji.

Tell them to simplify, not add more kitchen sink features to hand hold the amateur's hand - at least in their "pro" level bodies. X-T2 and zooms? Sony is going to eat Fuji's cake if this is where their best efforts are going to go to.

Don't listen to anyone else. Only I know the true way forward.

Sep 21, 2017 at 01:15 AM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Best Fuji Mirrorless?

I've rented and shot with the XT2, XPro2 and XE2s. If I was to replace my Canon system with a Fuji for all types of use, there's no question I'd choose the XT2.

I've shot with the 16mm, 23mm f2 and the 18-55mm. I don't have enough information to answer the question. I'd like to shoot with the 16-55 before answering. I did love the 16mm. That's a gorgeous lens.

Even though that's my answer, my first Fuji will be the XE3 with the kit zoom that's on order, since I'm looking for a small travel camera.

Sep 21, 2017 at 01:33 AM
SharonCat...

p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Best Fuji Mirrorless?

XT2 and 50-230 OIS. XT2 because the AF is great and the 50-230 because it weighs next to nothing compared to my old kit and is super sharp even at full zoom.

Not a fan of the 18-55 but that has more to do with my shooting style than anything else. I rarely shoot at under 50mm.

Sep 21, 2017 at 02:05 AM
cputeq
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Best Fuji Mirrorless?

njfantastico wrote:
there was not a conclusive answer.

You've already come to the only valid conclusion.

Sep 21, 2017 at 02:18 AM
darrellc
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Best Fuji Mirrorless?

Fuji FinePix XP120... here's what Fuji has to say about it themselves... sounds like the best camera for every use!

"Ideal for every kind of adventure, whether outdoors, indoors or underwater, the FinePix XP120 is a tough, rugged camera that goes along on all your family’s adventures. Waterproof to 65ft/20m, shockproof up to 5.8 ft./1.75m, freezeproof to 14°F -10°C and sealed against dust or sand, this camera takes all the action you can dish out. The XP120 has wireless controls that let you shoot through your smartphone, print on the instax SHARE™ Printer and transfer images to a mobile device easily. New cinemagraph feature adds action to your photos. 10fps high speed shooting and Full HD 1080p video let you capture every moment of fun."

Sep 21, 2017 at 04:56 AM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Best Fuji Mirrorless?

njfantastico wrote:
I have had this discussion with a team of Fuji Reps and there was not a conclusive answer.

That is because there is no conclusive answer.

Any of a range of models might be "best" for particular photographic needs.

Sep 21, 2017 at 05:17 AM
ediblestarfish

p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Best Fuji Mirrorless?

The FujiFilm F50fd. First digital camera I owned. I actually went out and tried to shoot practically everything with it.

...I had no preconceived notions of what the camera could or could not do.

Back then I was so happy to just have a camera. It wasn't until much later that I actually tried optimizing image quality, which turned into a spiraling g.a.s. nightmare, but that's another story.

I never really made any pictures that I think are good now, but it was with me for a long time as my learning companion.

Sep 21, 2017 at 06:08 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password