New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · L Bracket Question

mysh
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · L Bracket Question

I use the acra swiss P0 head with the slidefix system which uses smaller plates than the universal arca swiss plates. It can be a pain and it leads to not having a lot of options for things like L-Brackets.

I was wondering if they make L-Brackets that can have plates attached to them. SO instead of using the L-bracket as the plate it would be a bracket to attach plates onto it.

Basically just screw holes on both sides of the L to attach plates to.

Aug 31, 2017 at 02:43 AM
mysh
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · L Bracket Question

nevermind I found what I was looking for

Aug 31, 2017 at 03:00 AM
c.d.embrey
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · L Bracket Question

mysh wrote:
nevermind I found what I was looking for

It would have been nice if you had supplied a link to the solution you found.

Forums like this should be a two way street. With information flowing both ways.

Aug 31, 2017 at 12:14 PM
mysh
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · L Bracket Question

Sorry I didn't know I could have just removed the post.

Here is the solution I found:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012FTXK9Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This and a longer 1/4" 20 screw should allow me to attach 2 plates on both sides of L-bracket.

Not perfect but I think its going to work. My biggest worry is stability.

Aug 31, 2017 at 01:59 PM
mysh
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · L Bracket Question

Just thought I would update this since I was successful making a L-plate for my Arca swiss P0 slidefix setup.

Here is a pic of the setup.

I used these L shaped brackets along with 2 slidefix 32mm plates. I also needed a long 1/4" 20 thread screw. I screwed up buying the screw and got one with too much threading. You need 1 long one but you want one with just a few threads on the end. You need this for the screw that goes through the plate, l bracket and camera. The brackets are designed so the screw goes into one end but will not slide around the opening if the threadings are there. It needs to be smaller and smooth. I ended up filing it down.

Overall it works well and those brackets are secure enough to not get movement or vibrations. THis is obviously not needed if you use a universal arca plate, but the slideifx plates I use only had 1 option for a L-bracket and it was $230. This setup cost $15 since I already had the plates.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012FTXK9Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_0937

Sep 08, 2017 at 01:42 AM
c.d.embrey
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · L Bracket Question

Thanks for posting the photo.

It looks good, not like a DIY project

Sep 08, 2017 at 09:23 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.