Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Anyone remove the right strap lug from the XT2 ??

millsart
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Anyone remove the right strap lug from the XT2 ??

Don't think I'll really do it as I'm sure it would kill resale value, but darn if I'm not tempted to take a Dremel cut-off wheel to the dumb right strap lug on my XT2

Darn thing hits me right in the fleshy part of the first segment of my index finger when I'm holding the camera. Its just in the worse possible spot IMO....

Anyone else feel this way ??

Wish more camera brands would take a note from Olympus with the EM1.2, where the put the left side lug on the side of the camera like normal, but then the right sided strap lug is on the top plate of the camera, allowing for a totally smooth side grip with nothing to hit against your fingers, or make you awkwardly have the strap coming out between your fingers etc

Aug 30, 2017 at 10:11 PM
Fred Amico
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Anyone remove the right strap lug from the XT2 ??

Maybe it has to do with hand size (mine are on the small side), as I have no issue with its current position.

Aug 31, 2017 at 01:54 PM
millsart
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Anyone remove the right strap lug from the XT2 ??

I don't think mine are that large, but I tend to have the issue with most any camera with side mounted strap lugs.

Its just a flawed design in my mind, having the lug, much less the strap, basically in the same location as where you index finger needs to be to hit the shutter.

On cameras with a larger front grip, and the shutter button relocated more forward, like a typical DSLR its not as bad, but with top plate mounted shutters, its always in the way for me.

I stopped using camera straps through the lugs and instead use a sling style strap attached to the tripod socket. The normal strap placement just results in essentially having to squeeze the strap between my 1st and 2nd fingers.

I just think the whole side there should be totally smooth so people of various hand sizes all have something flat to comfortably grab onto

Aug 31, 2017 at 02:29 PM
Reagan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Anyone remove the right strap lug from the XT2 ??

I use a Peak Design strap
It attaches to the left side of the camera and to the RRS plate on the bottom
or a Peak Design hand strap on the left side
The strap is always in the way on the right side for me

Reagan

Aug 31, 2017 at 07:56 PM
apsphoto
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Anyone remove the right strap lug from the XT2 ??

Interesting, I have fairly large hands and it does not bother me at all.

Alan

Sep 01, 2017 at 10:27 AM
Steve Wan
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Anyone remove the right strap lug from the XT2 ??

Another reason I didn't like the X100F. Lug actually became painful. No problem with X-E2, or the X100S.

Sep 01, 2017 at 10:39 AM
itai195
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Anyone remove the right strap lug from the XT2 ??

The side lugs bother me on many cameras, but not the X-T2 for some reason. The E-M5, for example, has always driven me bananas due to the lugs.

Given that I know you tend to buy and sell gear just a bit, I'd suggest leaving it in place

Sep 05, 2017 at 02:32 AM
AZ Photo
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Anyone remove the right strap lug from the XT2 ??

Using a thumb grip on the XT2 - the shutter finger goes behind the lug and over the EC dial.

The lug sits comfortably between first and second fingers.

Sep 06, 2017 at 02:59 AM
Pavel
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Anyone remove the right strap lug from the XT2 ??

my hands are somewhere between medium and large and it very much bothers me on some bodies while not at all on a few. I guess it depends on where the buttons and bottom of the body are and how you tend to then place your hand.

On the X-T1 it bugged me in a so so way, and was about point number eight on the list of reasons that I returned that body after ten days. I've looked at the X-T2 and played with it five times now and focus on other aspects where I didn't even think of it, so it could not have been all that terrible - but still, it's far from heaven on a small sized camera, especially with front heavy lenses.

Sep 09, 2017 at 06:33 PM
Pavel
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Anyone remove the right strap lug from the XT2 ??

If I were in your shoes, and really liked the camera in other ways - yeah for sure the Dremel would come out to the rescue.

We are a weird generation. In the old days it was far in-between that you would find camera owners who cared one bit about looks. The more banged up, the more "love" it had gotten.

Now people buy more to re-sell without really putting the camera through it's paces like that "tool" that they claim their cameras are. What a strange bunch of fetishists. Especially those who care if you have a box or not.

Heck in two and a half years they will be worth less than a grand, maybe worse, looking at the fate of the X-T1. It's basically now $400 bucks.

If you like it - Dremel it! If not ... there are so many other options. Lens: 1299. Body: 3299. Contentedness: priceless.

Sep 09, 2017 at 06:39 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.