New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

XT2 Battery Grip

gregfountain
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · XT2 Battery Grip

Does anyone else think the way the XT2 Battery Grip juts out what looks like 1/8" to 1/4" from the left side of the body is strange? I've been contemplating getting one, but I think that would drive me crazy.

Got one? What say you? Is it an issue?

Edited on Aug 31, 2017 at 03:00 AM · View previous versions

Aug 31, 2017 at 01:30 AM
Alanu
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · XT2 Battery Grip

I absolutely love it!!!!

The battery life is pathetic with the fuji system and having the booster in "normal" mode eats the 2 batteries in the grip. The battery in the camera just sits there unused.

I just prefer using the x-t2 with grip now. The cheap aluminum overseas add on grips for my x-t10 and X-e2 had a more substantial grip to hang onto. the X-T2 battery booster is OK but I much prefer that slight "beefy grip" over the non gripped X-t2.

What I am finding now is that I DO NOT miss shots due to "all of a sudden death" of the camera as the single battery dies. That happened way to often when I used the X-T2 for casual events shoots.

Aug 31, 2017 at 01:45 AM
gregfountain
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · XT2 Battery Grip

So that little part jutting out doesn't get in the way? I would probably get the RRS L-Plate and that would cover it, but dang that gets expensive....

Alanu wrote:
I absolutely love it!!!!

The battery life is pathetic with the fuji system and having the booster in "normal" mode eats the 2 batteries in the grip. The battery in the camera just sits there unused.

I just prefer using the x-t2 with grip now. The cheap aluminum overseas add on grips for my x-t10 and X-e2 had a more substantial grip to hang onto. the X-T2 battery booster is OK but I much prefer that slight "beefy grip" over the non gripped X-t2.

What I am finding now is that I DO NOT miss shots due to "all of a sudden death"
...Show more

Aug 31, 2017 at 03:02 AM
Steve Wylie
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · XT2 Battery Grip

I use the grip all the time, and it doesn't bother me at all. I agree that it's kinda funky looking, but when you hold the camera it doesn't affect the grip at all. I use the XT-2 with some heavier lenses (esp. the 16-55 and 50-140 zooms) and the extra weight and heft on the body balances much better than without it.

Aug 31, 2017 at 07:20 AM
gregfountain
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · XT2 Battery Grip

Steve Wylie wrote:
I use the grip all the time, and it doesn't bother me at all. I agree that it's kinda funky looking, but when you hold the camera it doesn't affect the grip at all. I use the XT-2 with some heavier lenses (esp. the 16-55 and 50-140 zooms) and the extra weight and heft on the body balances much better than without it.

Thanks Steve. That's what I was looking for, and I will be sporting those lenses, so I think I'll just pick one up.

Aug 31, 2017 at 12:21 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

drewmey
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · XT2 Battery Grip

Although I agree now that it looks a little funny...the way you hold this camera in either orientation...it has just never gotten in the way. In fact, I hadn't noticed it until you pointed it out haha

Aug 31, 2017 at 01:02 PM
gregfountain
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · XT2 Battery Grip

drewmey wrote:
Although I agree now that it looks a little funny...the way you hold this camera in either orientation...it has just never gotten in the way. In fact, I hadn't noticed it until you pointed it out haha

I had to ask Anyway, I've decided to get one...

Aug 31, 2017 at 03:38 PM
itai195
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · XT2 Battery Grip

It's a must have with the X-T2. I think it does look a bit funny, but if you look closely a lot of grips have odd esthetics. The one on my E-M5mk2, for example, isn't even flush with the camera's side.

Aug 31, 2017 at 04:27 PM
Alanu
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · XT2 Battery Grip

I think the Fuji battery booster is as ugly as all of the battery grips available from other manufacturers

Can't stress enough how much of a joy it is to use that camera now. The body/grip combo is just slightly larger but it's still extremely light when I put it on my spider holster. The battery life is something I've been absolutely hating with the small maH battery. More confidence shooting when you get lost in a chaotic events environment.

Oddly enough I do not use the additional shutter button and put it in the "Lock" position. I will still use the original shutter button in portrait orientation. My habit developed by using gripless Canon bodies I guess.....

If an X-T3 comes out I'd definitely need to buy a battery booster grip !

Aug 31, 2017 at 05:39 PM
gregfountain
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · XT2 Battery Grip

So I got the battery grip...good call folks! Especially with the 50-140, and now that I bought a used EF-X500 flash, I can see how the grip will add stability I used to take for granted on my 5D3.

Sep 02, 2017 at 03:15 AM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password