New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Adobe scam?

OntheRez
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Adobe scam?

Got an email from Adobe couple of days ago. In it was a notification that my test version of CC was about to expire, and I needed to pay up for the subscription. I inspected the email header and it clearly seems to have come from Adobe.

Here's the catch. I've never sighed up for a test run. Never. So just exactly what is Adobe doing?

I do have a forum/support login and use it moderately, but have had no other connection with them. It all seems rather odd to me.

Anyone else experience this? Thoughts?

Robert

(Could it really be that Adobe is so incompetent that it doesn't know who has a trial version?)

Aug 30, 2017 at 04:08 PM
dhphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Adobe scam?

Sign into Adobe with the ID you know is valid and check, any potential expiry will be clearly visible

Aug 30, 2017 at 05:49 PM
Abuttolph
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Adobe scam?

I have gotten weird emails from Adobe from time to time, but I have just ignored them and everything was fine.

Aug 30, 2017 at 05:58 PM
OntheRez
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Adobe scam?

Logged in and checked things over. No sign of any deadlines. I'd never signed up for any trial thus my surprise. I guess at Adobe one hand may not even have a clue that another hand exists. Organizations often fumble with this.

My funniest one - as in ha ha weird, not ha ha funny - was signing up for one of my senator's emails. Was watching an issue he was critical to. Now months later I can't get off the list. No unsubscribe. Once on, there forever. Not sure what that says about our representatives.

Aug 30, 2017 at 08:38 PM
RAF09
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Adobe scam?

[. No unsubscribe. Once on, there forever. Not sure what that says about our representatives.

It says they think that's how long they'll be in office!!

Sep 05, 2017 at 08:35 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password