Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Flash + Triggers (for canon)- what are y'all using?

mirrorrim
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Flash + Triggers (for canon)- what are y'all using?

Andrew Welsh wrote:
Cons:
- Yongunos don't work on Stratto hotshoe, transmit or receive, so that forces me to use PC cables to have on camera flash + still trigger remote, and hotshoe to 1/4" headphone jack adapters at the remote flash
- Yongunos don't like my rechargable AA's, and shut off way before the charge is used up
- Flashes turn on accidentally too easily in my bag, exacerbating previous point

Just out of curiosity, what Canon-compatible flashes work when connected to the Strattos transmitter OR receiver hotshoe, while still triggering the remote? (I tried with Sigma flashes, same result- not working)

Weird, I've been using Yongnue 560ii's with phottix stratto ii for years with no issues. No PC cables necessary. As for them shutting off, are you sure it's the batteries and not the "sleep" timer on the Yongnuo? They unfortunately have this "feature" that means they turn off after 15 mins of no use. I usually trigger them every so often during dinner so they don't turn off. For your last point, yeah, have had that happen too. I now stack them front to front so the ON button cant accidentally be pressed as easily.

But the future is Godox. My system still works really well, but one day it would be nice to have remote manual control without extra triggers involved, plus better battery life.

Sep 01, 2017 at 03:58 PM
Andrew Welsh
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Flash + Triggers (for canon)- what are y'all using?

Thanks everyone for the input! Looking like the Godox is the way to go. Thank you all for pointing me in that direction so I can research it.

Sep 07, 2017 at 01:51 AM
Andrew Welsh
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Flash + Triggers (for canon)- what are y'all using?

Also, quick question: can the Godox system trigger other brand strobes, such as Alien Bees / PCB / etc.? I have a few PCB flashes and a gigantic Speedotron unit with 4800 w/s of juice.

Sep 07, 2017 at 01:55 AM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password