Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

How to rename external drive in Lightroom (Mac)

BeachbumDave

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · How to rename external drive in Lightroom (Mac)

To get more space on an internal drive that was filling up I moved my older Lightroom files to an external drive.

So on the external drive I have a moved_photos folder and under that the directory structure from my internal drive.So under the moved_photos folder I have a folder named David'sLightroomPhotos and under that a folders named 2005, 2006, 2007 etc. Under year's folder I have folders for Event1, Event2, Event 3 etc.

I successfully moved the old files to the external drive and used the right click, update folder location and everything is good. Thats where I discovered I misspelled Lightroom on the external drive and I want to fix it. Now I know I have to change the name in LR or the links will be broken but I can't find anyway to change the name of the external hard drive within Lightroom. You can easily change the name of a folder in LR by right clicking but is there something similar for external drives? If I change the drive name through the operating system I will have to reimport everything and my experience is that when you do so things get lost.

How can I change the external drive's name inside of LR?

David

Aug 29, 2017 at 10:36 PM
schlotz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · How to rename external drive in Lightroom (Mac)

If you misspelled 'David'sLightroomPhotos' that is a folder which is easy as you've mentioned. Did you mean you had named the drive lightroom as well? exit out of LR. Go into the OS and rename the drive. Enter back into LR and right click in the left panel on David'sLightroomPhotos and select either find folder or update folder location.

Aug 30, 2017 at 09:58 PM
Michael White
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · How to rename external drive in Lightroom (Mac)

Or left click on drive select get info and rename the drive in the name property box

Aug 30, 2017 at 11:24 PM
BeachbumDave

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · How to rename external drive in Lightroom (Mac)

Got it. Thanks

David

Aug 30, 2017 at 11:46 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password