New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Fuji Lenses recommendation for Europe travel

lexvo
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Fuji Lenses recommendation for Europe travel

After I switched to Fuji, I traveled trough Andalusia (South Spain). I discovered that for me the 18-55 and the 14mm were a great travel combination. The 18-55 as an all-purpose lens and the 14mm for narrow streets and inside buildings. Both lenses are not that big either, making a relative compact and lightweight setup. Also notice that the 14mm has very little distortion which is nice when shooting a building with lots of pillars

Aug 31, 2017 at 05:34 PM
Alanu
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Fuji Lenses recommendation for Europe travel

southwoodlaker wrote:
I am going to have a two-week vacation in Europe which is a bus tour passing several countries. This is my first time in Europe. It is just personal vacation with my wife but I so like to take some good travel pictures. I am planning to bring a Fuji X-T2 and 18-55 kit lens plus either a 14 2.8 or a 16 1.4. Feel like I need something longer. Thinking about buying a 90 f/2 or 55-200. Like to hear your advice. Thank you!!

The 55-200 is a nice sharp lens but the bokeh is very contrasty and nervous. Depending on the background you may love or "like" the 55-200 due to price and performance.

Everyone's shooting style is different. For me I can get away with a basic kit that I have. 16mm, 10-24mm and 56mm. Depending on the travel I will also bring my 55-200 but usually not.

The UWA can always get some massaging in lens correction in Lightroom. f/4 is fast enough for most thing especially for outdoor photos. 16mm is nice because of excellent minimum focus distance and being fast glass. 56mm is nice because its a very easy workable distance. If your shooting portraits you dont have to yell at your subjects and it's stealthy enough in physical size to get some very nice photos.

Fuji is so small that even a small backpack can carry a tonne of gear while retaining little weight. Just think I'd lug my 5d3 and say to myself that my Canon 80D is my second light body !!!!

When I travel I love to bring two bodies. No fussing with lens swaps. lugging a body on my spider holster is simply fantastic!!! I use a bulky optech neoprene straps for my X-t2 and the wieght of the camera feels like nothing . However that strap doesn't have that cool factor look !!!! It's all about functionality

While your at it buy a cheap godox tt350F for ttl/hss flash. I purchased the EF-x500 and sometimes I wish I just bought the cheap godox as a disposable flash to some respects. ......

Aug 31, 2017 at 05:49 PM
mdude85
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Fuji Lenses recommendation for Europe travel

southwoodlaker wrote:
I had 10-24 before and I sold it. I always don't feel that I can shoot wide angle better. My most comfortable focal length is 35mm or 24mm is the widest. So I am thinking to bring what I have so far without spending extra money.
I plan to bring 14mm 2.8, 18-55 kit lens, and a 56 1.2 (for now though)
The reason why I was planning to add 90mm f/2 is that I can use that lens for studio and portraits (mainly do weddings, studio portraits and high school seniors).

Thanks again!!

I've been to Europe many times (I also lived there) so I would recommend a fast prime, either 23 or 35. Some people like the f1.4 versions, other people prefer the f2 versions (although I think a faster longer lens is more useful than a faster wider lens). Those extra stops should give you some additional subject isolation compared to the 18-55 alone and they are also good for lower light shooting.

Aug 31, 2017 at 07:20 PM
Exposure101
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Fuji Lenses recommendation for Europe travel

The last time I brought a DSLR with me to Europe I only had a 17-40mm with me (Canon). I loved the weight and the convenience of not having to swap lenses. The lens was attached to a full frame camera so 17 was plenty wide for my needs.

I also have a 2 week trip to Europe coming up soon and, after much thoughts, I decided not to buy any other lenses and only bring me with the 18-55 and 35 f2 (for portraits or traveling super light). I will force myself to be more creative with my shots. Another buddy is bringing his Sony mirrorless with just the 18-210mm. Most of us tend to think that we need more lenses than we actually do. So depending on how much you think you really need it, chances are that you don't. Plan for the best case scenario, not the worst. Don't get weighed down by bringing too much gear.

Sep 02, 2017 at 12:59 AM
       end

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password