New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2017 · Help! Techart PRO is jammed on A7RII body

runamuck
• • • • • •
[X]
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Help! Techart PRO is jammed on A7RII body

The loose screw that keeps turning is stripped. It is holding nothing. Friction is the only thing holding it in. It is apt to back out at the worst time. Blue Loctite hardens and does not flow.

NEVER use red loctite. I have used an oxyacetylene torch to sufficiently heat a bolt and break down the red Loctite. This in an extremely heavy industrial setting.

Sep 05, 2017 at 01:23 PM
Kressouille

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Help! Techart PRO is jammed on A7RII body

erekose wrote:
Just to make sure I understood correctly, Kressouille ... screwing back those screws also removed the wobble altogether? May this simple act be a solution to the problem lamented in the dedicated TAP thread? Does your adapter now feel "like new"?

Frankly speaking, I do not remember if it wobbled like that at the very begining.
Let's say that the current wobble seems almost "natural". Of course, the gap that I mentionned (the 3 mm) completely disappeared.

Sep 05, 2017 at 02:33 PM
Kressouille

p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Help! Techart PRO is jammed on A7RII body

timballic wrote:
So very pleased for you, and so simple.
I'm amazed that simply tapping the adapter/camera upside down, could cause the offending screw(s) to "fall back into place"!

It took about 30 seconds before the screws went back into place.

May be I was very lucky this time (it might have taken hours...)

It seems Techart already experienced such issue and how to solve the issue, because their unique answer provided the solution.

Sep 05, 2017 at 02:36 PM
genji
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Help! Techart PRO is jammed on A7RII body

Kressouille sent me the photograph he mentioned earlier in the thread (but was unable to post)...

Sep 05, 2017 at 03:56 PM
Kressouille

p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Help! Techart PRO is jammed on A7RII body

Thanks Genji for all your support.
I hope this will help.

Sep 06, 2017 at 01:33 AM
artur5
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Help! Techart PRO is jammed on A7RII body

Sure this Techart Pro is an interesting and unique product but it seems to me that the mechanical quality and manufacturing control is nothing to write home about. I've used many different cheapo adapters in the last years and none of them disassembled itself in this way. Keeping screws fixed in their threads is not a secret precisely. Just a drop of sealant does the trick.

Sep 06, 2017 at 03:40 AM
timballic
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Help! Techart PRO is jammed on A7RII body

I've been longing to post this somewhere (I hope you don't mind me putting it in your thread Kressouille?)
Other adapters can have problems too! Here, with a PB - NEX adapter and Praktica CZJ 135/3.5 MC, it wasn't loose screws that were the problem, but a combination of too deeply recessed screws that the sprung electrical contacts on the lens passed over, except they didn't! As one of the contact pins became a locking pin, in the screw hole recess. After a couple of days (on and off) trying everything I could think of, there was no other way to remove than this! I never realised before how thick the body of an adapter can be! Thankfully the only damage to the lens were a few scratches to the lens mount. I taped up everywhere that filings might get in. None did. Also the seller did refund me.

PB-NEX by Timothy Ball, on Flickr

PB-NEX by Timothy Ball, on Flickr

Sep 06, 2017 at 06:02 AM
Kressouille

p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Help! Techart PRO is jammed on A7RII body

That's horrible !! I hope I will never have to experience that !

Sep 06, 2017 at 01:44 PM
genji
• • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Help! Techart PRO is jammed on A7RII body

I've added an item about Kressouille's experience to the "Problem" section at the beginning of the Techart PRO FAQ. The fact that the Techart representative was able to immediately suggest a fix suggests that this issue is not uncommon. Thanks, Kressouille, for raising it in the forum and informing us of the successful resolution.

Sep 06, 2017 at 08:19 PM
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.