1       2      
       end

Sony reliable?

sungphoto
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Sony reliable?

johnvanr wrote:
Iíd shoot with my Canons in the rain. Same with my Olympus. Wouldnít have done that with my Sony.

Iíd trust Rogerís take when it comes to repairs.

I just donít get why Canon not innovating enough for you makes you want to switch to Sony. My Canon takes great images, just as my Sony did.

I get that Sony is all the rage, but what does that translate to in real life? Isnít that the first question to ask yourself.

To use a car comparison: Tesla innovates like crazy, but I prefer my BMW.

Agree on not shooting with the Sonys in rain. The multi-interface shoe continues to be a liability in terms of that as well as durability of flashes and other hotshoe mounted accessories. I think I broke 3 feet on speedlites in the time I shot Sony, and had a couple very stress inducing incidents where both of my A7rii bodies kept erroring out due to water getting into the front contacts during an important shoot that was in freezing rain in NY (gave an error that a non-compatible device was attached but didn't specify that the problem was the hotshoe).

Really cool tech, but when you use them hard in a variety of conditions you really start to see that they're not as thought through as Canon and Nikon from a usability standpoint.

Sep 30, 2017 at 03:04 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password