New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

Field trip - old buildings

Bob Jarman
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Field trip - old buildings

Some time ago a friend suggested that Matthews, GA had several old buildings which could be interesting. Although we did not find the old farm buildings he recalled, there are two old buildings adjacent to each other in downtown Matthews.

Both were posted one padlocked, no one was home at the closest house to inquire about entering, and the masonry on the second looked as if it could come down at any time; metal siding and roof covered a shop/work area extending to the rear of the brick structure.

So thought perhaps you might be interested...lots of trucks and other items in close proximity so broad shots not really appealing.

Google Streetview provides an overall perspective.

Thanks for looking,

Bob

From looks this might have been bank?

X-Pro2    XF14mmF2.8 R lens    14mm    f/10.0    1/250s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

X-Pro2    XF14mmF2.8 R lens    14mm    f/11.0    1/250s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Downtown Matthews

X-Pro2    XF14mmF2.8 R lens    14mm    f/13.0    1/250s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Posted with barbed wire on porch

X-Pro2    XF14mmF2.8 R lens    14mm    f/8.0    1/250s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

X-Pro2    XF14mmF2.8 R lens    14mm    f/5.6    1/250s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Aug 27, 2017 at 01:09 AM
douter
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Field trip - old buildings

One, two, and the last (though it looks a little low contrast) stand out to me Bob!
Douglas

Aug 27, 2017 at 03:17 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Field trip - old buildings

douter wrote:
One, two, and the last (though it looks a little low contrast) stand out to me Bob!
Douglas

Thank you Douglas,

Appreciate your thoughts,

Bob

Aug 27, 2017 at 05:37 PM
Fred Amico
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Field trip - old buildings

Places like these always fascinate me. Glad you were able to document them, Bob. And even if permission were granted, that structure in images 1 & 2 looks like it might be a little risky to enter.

Aug 27, 2017 at 05:45 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Field trip - old buildings

Fred Amico wrote:
Places like these always fascinate me. Glad you were able to document them, Bob. And even if permission were granted, that structure in images 1 & 2 looks like it might be a little risky to enter.

Me too Fred,

Curious their purpose at the intersection of two roads, some contemporaneous buildings nearby but on private property, at least set further back from road and with occupied home nearby. And from looking into the first, the roof was mostly collapsed - best stay clear of the interior.

I may see the guy who mentioned Matthews tomorrow and ask more about its history....let you know if I learn more.

Appreciate your commenting,

Bob

Aug 27, 2017 at 06:22 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Field trip - old buildings

Roaming and photographing the olde South is on my "bucket list" Bob. Those roads less travelled and towns of 1 or 2 buildings that still exist....great images!
Dan

Aug 28, 2017 at 12:18 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Field trip - old buildings

Danpbphoto wrote:
Roaming and photographing the olde South is on my "bucket list" Bob. Those roads less travelled and towns of 1 or 2 buildings that still exist....great images!
Dan

Thanks Dan,

Come on down! I'd welcome the company...

Bob

Aug 28, 2017 at 01:32 PM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password