New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

NEED SOME HELP LEICA

lifthard2001
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · NEED SOME HELP LEICA

Need a lil help from some of the Leica pros out there.My Uncle passed away a few months back and my aunt gave me this camera of his.When I shot film it was medium format or with nikons so Im not sure what I have and honestly not sure if I will keep it or not . I would rather have someone own that will use it. The lens is a 90mm but it seems there are so many versions of Leica stuff Im not sure which one this is.
Ty in advance

untitled-182 by lifthard1, on Flickr

untitled-181 by lifthard1, on Flickr

untitled-180 by lifthard1, on Flickr

Aug 26, 2017 at 09:22 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · NEED SOME HELP LEICA

My guess is that is a 1973 version of the 90 summicron. Really nice lens. Are you looking for selling prices for the body and lens?

Aug 26, 2017 at 09:33 PM
JohnJ
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · NEED SOME HELP LEICA

This stuff will always sell for decent money. Nice gear, and there is demand for it.

Aug 27, 2017 at 12:17 AM
Two23
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · NEED SOME HELP LEICA

That's a damn fine camera. One of the best in the history of photography, even.

Kent in SD

Aug 27, 2017 at 01:19 AM
Sam_W
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · NEED SOME HELP LEICA

I recommend starting by first depressing your Shift key, or pressing your Caps Lock key again, ensuring that it off.

Aug 27, 2017 at 02:37 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

retrofocus
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · NEED SOME HELP LEICA

Looks like the M6 is in mint condition judging from the outside camera body images. Non-TTL based M6 bodies sell between $1000 to $1200. It would help to see the 90/2.8 Tele-Elmarit serial number to define the lens version. All the 90/2.8 Ms are good lenses, the older ones sell for a few hundred dollars.
If you still shoot film or intend to do it sporadically at some point, I would keep both camera and lens.

Aug 28, 2017 at 07:18 PM
Steve Spencer
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · NEED SOME HELP LEICA

retrofocus wrote:
Looks like the M6 is in mint condition judging from the outside camera body images. Non-TTL based M6 bodies sell between $1000 to $1200. It would help to see the 90/2.8 Tele-Elmarit serial number to define the lens version. All the 90/2.8 Ms are good lenses, the older ones sell for a few hundred dollars.
If you still shoot film or intend to do it sporadically at some point, I would keep both camera and lens.

If you look at the front of the lens it is a version I 90mm summicron and not a tele-elmarit. It is a quite decent lens and sells for between $600 and $700.

Aug 28, 2017 at 07:43 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · NEED SOME HELP LEICA

retrofocus wrote:

X2.

Aug 28, 2017 at 08:32 PM
retrofocus
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · NEED SOME HELP LEICA

Steve Spencer wrote:
If you look at the front of the lens it is a version I 90mm summicron and not a tele-elmarit. It is a quite decent lens and sells for between $600 and $700.

Yes - I was fixated on the first image which showed in blurry numbers f/2.8 and then tried to read the serial number in the other image but overlooked the Summicron writing!

Aug 28, 2017 at 09:39 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password