FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Eclipse from the path of totality in Oregon

Twistedimg
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Eclipse from the path of totality in Oregon

I am fortunate enough that I live in the path of totality for last week's eclipse. We literally made breakfast, left the house 15 minutes before the eclipse, drove 1/4 mile to a clear view of a hilltop, and watched it from there. No traffic, no camping, easy day.

I put most all my effort into flying a drone to video the experience. The shadow coming across. If interested you can see it here: https://youtu.be/CC02D-YFCLw

But, since I had the camera I did place it on a tripod, stacked a couple ND filters on it, plugged in a remote, swagged some exposure settings, and when totality occurred I pointed the camera that direction and blindly hit the remote shutter button while paying attention to my video. Later that evening after finishing video work figured I'd check the trusty ol Fuji X-T1 and this was on there.

Aug 26, 2017 at 12:27 PM
voltaire
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Eclipse from the path of totality in Oregon

I saw your YouTube video. I guess the moon and sun were too small to be captured but i like that you captured that transition from day to night and back to day in one minute.

Aug 30, 2017 at 10:34 AM
Twistedimg
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Eclipse from the path of totality in Oregon

voltaire wrote:
I saw your YouTube video. I guess the moon and sun were too small to be captured but i like that you captured that transition from day to night and back to day in one minute.

In the video the issue is more that the sun was high enough up that the drone couldn't see it. Camera won't point up that high.

Aug 30, 2017 at 01:57 PM
Lightsearcher
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Eclipse from the path of totality in Oregon

Very nice shot, love the darkness of the ambiance during the eclipse.

Marcelo

Aug 30, 2017 at 03:15 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.