FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2017 · Cloud Service Options - Alternatives to Crash Plan

jeetsukumaran
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Cloud Service Options - Alternatives to Crash Plan

chez wrote:
How many of you that are on a plan test it on a regular basis? Retrieve a random folder of files to ensure everything is fine. This also goes for people that just backup to portable drives and store off site.

How does one know for sure all their data is being backed up and more importantly, able to be fully recovered.

As the saying goes, paraphrasing somewhat General Omar Bradley, "amateurs talk backup strategy; professionals talk restoration strategy".

In any case, CrashPlan has delivered for me and colleagues on both counts over the years. Their new corporate/business plan is actually not too bad pricewise for a single machine. It's only the multiple machine cost that starts adding up without the "Family Plan" I was on before (and, technically, still am till it expires).

Sep 15, 2017 at 04:09 PM
jrulison
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Cloud Service Options - Alternatives to Crash Plan

So I am looking for a cloud solution as well. I am looking for something that includes an automated backup system. I considering a NAS system for local storage with the size and cost of that NAS unit I don't want to duplicate it to take it offsite so a cloud solution is a must.

Any suggestions would be great. I just checked out 'box' but wasn't impressed and no automated system I will checkout CrashPlan next based on several people talking about it here.

Oct 26, 2017 at 11:26 AM
       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.