Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Cloud storage?

ohsnaphappy
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Cloud storage?

With Amazon's price hike, I'm probably going back to smugmug. The only problem is, smugmug won't allow you to backup raw files, correct? Uploading jpg's is fine, I can live with that, but I'd prefer to upload the raw files.

Any other suggestions?

Aug 31, 2017 at 08:25 PM
pitbullo

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Cloud storage?

Check out https://www.jottacloud.com
I use this, and it is great for backup. Low price, and unlimited storage space, at least as long as you are not a business (they have different packages for businesses).

I had a massive computer crash a year ago, and my Mac needed a new HDD. When I got my computer back home it downloaded everything over night, and I were back to where I was before the crash, not a single document, music file or RAW/jpg file missing. It was several hundred GB of data, and with todays prices, I pay just over $7 per month (59 NOK).

Sep 01, 2017 at 07:48 AM
tgillespie
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Cloud storage?

For us, its not about JPG backup, its the backing up of RAW files after a wedding and before we can tag and process it.

When we ingest our cards, the entire RAW wedding is stored on two different locations locally, as well as on the cloud within 1 or 2 days. This is all without any additional steps or button clicks. While NAS/RAID might seem complicated, it is far less work over the long haul.

After its been exported into JPG, its in so many locations, backup isn't really a concern anymore.

Sep 03, 2017 at 04:34 PM
tgillespie
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Cloud storage?

ohsnaphappy wrote:
With Amazon's price hike, I'm probably going back to smugmug. The only problem is, smugmug won't allow you to backup raw files, correct? Uploading jpg's is fine, I can live with that, but I'd prefer to upload the raw files.

Any other suggestions?

If you have Amazon Prime, you get free photo storage, which includes RAW.

Sep 03, 2017 at 04:36 PM
FrancisK7
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Cloud storage?

tgillespie wrote:
If you have Amazon Prime, you get free photo storage, which includes RAW.

Not for business use though, as per their TOS.

Sep 03, 2017 at 06:47 PM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password