New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Epson R 1800 Information Request

Robert Spencer
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Epson R 1800 Information Request

Hello my name is Bob. I have been into photography since it was all 35mm. My only printing has been B&W chemical darkroom.
I have years worth of digital images that I would like to print as well as 35mm negatives & transparencies.
I have been given a like new Epson R-1800 that has been stored for years. Can I print all three mediums on this unit? Any advise will be appreciated. Thank you.

Aug 25, 2017 at 07:46 PM
JohnBrose
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Epson R 1800 Information Request

You can print any digital file with the printer. You might run into problems if you are using old or expired ink though. It would be a good idea to get all new ink cartridges if it hasn't been used for a couple years.

Aug 25, 2017 at 07:52 PM
Robert Spencer
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Epson R 1800 Information Request

thanks john. not to worry. the unit was properly prepped for storage before I received it. It is actually I that has had it stored.
Are you saying that it will print digital only to the exclusion of 35mm? I will be doing primarily digitals but just hoping that 35mm could be done as well. Thanks

Aug 25, 2017 at 08:07 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Epson R 1800 Information Request

I had one those printers in days of yore. In fact all I printed were scans of 135 and 120/220 film. Back then digital cameras were low-res, mostly PJ stuff, not even FX yet.

What are you using for a film scanner?

EBH

Aug 26, 2017 at 12:18 AM
skid00skid00
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Epson R 1800 Information Request

Of course you can print "35 mm". Of course, it has to be converted to digital before you can print it.

I enjoyed my r1800 for many years, until it clogged. It ended up in the garbage... Just a whine...

Aug 26, 2017 at 09:30 PM
grog13
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Epson R 1800 Information Request

You can print anything that's been scanned, but you might have difficulty with black & white. I don't know the R1800 but do have an R1900, which uses the same inkset. It's very difficult and involves considerable trial & error to get a reasonably neutral b&w. If you're mainly printing color, you should be fine.

Aug 28, 2017 at 02:02 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password