New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Flashpoint/Godox TT685F Speedlight

spoupard
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Flashpoint/Godox TT685F Speedlight

I know one complaint many people have with Fuji is that there isn't a good flash for it. Well, that problem has been solved. Flashpoint/Godox (Flashpoint is Adorama's house brand) have released the TT685F which has Fuji TTL and HSS capabilities. I just received mine yesterday and haven't had much of a chance to really use it, but it repeatedly gave dead-on exposures in my limited use of it last night. This flash is part of their R2 system, so it will work with other R2 flashes from their line, including the commander, with full TTL functionality.

The only complaint I have, so far, is that the flash head is a little noisy when zooming. It would be distracting in a quiet environment. I haven't checked yet, but I'm hoping that the zoom feature can be turned off or set to manual.

Aug 25, 2017 at 08:24 AM
RH_Photo

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Flashpoint/Godox TT685F Speedlight

I purchased a couple of them, plus a 350 for on-camera work. So far, very good, no complaints. I'm editing a product review video, will post shortly. One thing I haven't figured out is how to put the flash into high speed sync mode when off-camera.

Sep 17, 2017 at 12:47 PM
mregala

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Flashpoint/Godox TT685F Speedlight

My only complaint about the TT685f is that the cycle time is rather long, even at power levels under 1/4. I shot an event on Friday and the flash was struggling to keep up with me shooting 1 frame every 2 seconds using Eneloop pro batteries. Maybe there's a setting or something I need to change...

Sep 17, 2017 at 01:26 PM
RH_Photo

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Flashpoint/Godox TT685F Speedlight

I use Eneloops, was taking selfie portraits, camera firing every five seconds, flash was keeping up very well, a shot every five seconds. Not sure what setting you could change to rectify that. Perhaps an external battery pack is in order? Not real portable though :-/

Sep 18, 2017 at 01:08 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.