Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Advanced Lightroom Effects

ai3x
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Advanced Lightroom Effects

Full disclosure, I helped with the development but has anybody seen this:
https://fstoppers.com/originals/advanced-lightroom-effects-lens-distortions-will-change-way-you-edit-193378

It's kinda revolutionised my editing, not having to go into photoshop each time and being able to copy and paste between images. I always wanted to add stars etc to epic night images but then I had to do it to every single one which took ages. Now I can just copy paste.

Alex

Aug 24, 2017 at 09:55 PM
Depth of Feel
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Advanced Lightroom Effects

I am buying this. This is what I have wanted for a while.

Aug 25, 2017 at 01:39 AM
jeremy_clay
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Advanced Lightroom Effects

Overlays seem a bit like textures in the early 2000's, IMO

Aug 25, 2017 at 02:16 AM
ai3x
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Advanced Lightroom Effects

jeremy_clay wrote:
Overlays seem a bit like textures in the early 2000's, IMO

Textures actually weren't all that bad when used really subtly. The problem is slapping a hard texture on something crap and thinking it would suddenly make it good.

This is kinda the same, used subtly and blended in to a good image it looks great. Used to enhance a natural lens flare, fill in some confetti where it's missing in a confetti line or to add a few stars to a night shoot looks ace. Using it to add fake rain to an image where it wasn't there? Not so much!

Just a few extra bokeh balls:

Some Stars:

Aug 25, 2017 at 10:53 AM
ZachOly
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Advanced Lightroom Effects

Is there any product F-Stoppers won't shill?

Aug 25, 2017 at 11:09 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Advanced Lightroom Effects

ZachOly wrote:
Is there any product F-Stoppers won't shill?

That's the problem with today's "review" sites. As long as it's given to them free, they'll shill the shit out of it.

Aug 25, 2017 at 11:35 AM
Mark_L
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Advanced Lightroom Effects

Preferred the before shots. I don't have time to do this crap anyway.

Aug 25, 2017 at 12:48 PM
macpro88
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Advanced Lightroom Effects

Love this. The price is a tad steep but the effects appear to have some amazing control to them.

But this will add some nice addition to some images from my shoots that could use a nice and light extra pop to them.

And who cares about shilling... don't want or like it, move on. Some users will find this useful and will find value in the purchase.

Aug 25, 2017 at 01:07 PM
BSPhotog
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Advanced Lightroom Effects

ai3x wrote:
Textures actually weren't all that bad when used really subtly. The problem is slapping a hard texture on something crap and thinking it would suddenly make it good.

This is kinda the same, used subtly and blended in to a good image it looks great. Used to enhance a natural lens flare, fill in some confetti where it's missing in a confetti line or to add a few stars to a night shoot looks ace. Using it to add fake rain to an image where it wasn't there? Not so much!

Just a few extra bokeh balls:
http://www.alexbeckett.co.uk/files/2017/07/AlexBeckett-43-La-Louvre-Paris-pre-wedding.jpg

Some Stars:
http://www.alexbeckett.co.uk/files/2017/07/Top-10-Best-wedding-photographers-in-the-UK-Southwood-Hall-Dancing-twilight.jpg

The stars are great, I like that. Bokeh balls don't make any sense. Why is there a cat's eye oblong one in the bottom left and round everywhere else. It makes it look like your cropped the bottom left quarter of the frame for this shot--or worse yet, added fake bokeh balls. :-/

Aug 25, 2017 at 01:08 PM
Depth of Feel
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Advanced Lightroom Effects

BSPhotog wrote:
The stars are great, I like that. Bokeh balls don't make any sense. Why is there a cat's eye oblong one in the bottom left and round everywhere else. It makes it look like your cropped the bottom left quarter of the frame for this shot--or worse yet, added fake bokeh balls. :-/

Clients think bokeh balls are secret spirits guiding them or that they happrn with "nice cameras".

Aug 25, 2017 at 01:18 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

macpro88
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Advanced Lightroom Effects

BSPhotog wrote:

Agreed, don't care for the bokeh ball effect they have; but the lens flares do look great.

For my own 'fake' bokeh balls I just use this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015MXZVVC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Focus on subject and just bring these led lights up in from of the lens and the results look great and consistent.

Aug 25, 2017 at 01:24 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Advanced Lightroom Effects

Alex
Don't let these haters deter you! haha
Stuff like this may not be for everyone but I am sure there are some people who will like it. There is always someone for everything IMO.
Hope all is well!

Aug 25, 2017 at 02:01 PM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Advanced Lightroom Effects

Hell yeah, I use 'em. Not proud. Had the bokeh set for PS and now have the full LR set.

Aug 25, 2017 at 02:39 PM
ai3x
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Advanced Lightroom Effects

BSPhotog wrote:

Haha the cats eye one is actually genuine... I had some genuine fairy lights in that one trying to get rid of a lot of the crap/litter around. Then filled it out with the LR ones.

Aug 25, 2017 at 02:54 PM
ai3x
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Advanced Lightroom Effects

Here's another example, used it as a quick way to remove my second photographer.

Or to make an otherwise fairly dull shot slightly more interesting.

Or to increase the sun coming through:

A little bit of soft fog at the top:

Aug 25, 2017 at 03:10 PM
Mark_L
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Advanced Lightroom Effects

Technicoloured splodges on pics is the new random rainbow bits from prisms. This industry is harder than computer programming to stay cool in.

Aug 25, 2017 at 03:27 PM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Advanced Lightroom Effects

I shoot quickly. I'm known in the industry as a photographer that will keep a wedding on time, even if every other person involved is working hard to keep the day off schedule. Sometimes, that means some scenes are a little flatter than you'd like. These tools bring a big of magic back after the fact.

Aug 25, 2017 at 03:39 PM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Advanced Lightroom Effects

I remember when I first saw these, I tried to figure out how they were made. I am sure you cannot share that, but I sure hope they were not made by hand with the brush tool....because that would have taken foreeeever

Aug 25, 2017 at 11:13 PM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Advanced Lightroom Effects

As much as I love this set, I still play with the $6 micro LED light strips to try and do the bokeh balls in-camera. You can't use 'em when you have 4 mins to photograph the bride, but if you've got to play ...

Doesn't everyone want an Instagram feed like Brandon Woelfel?

Aug 27, 2017 at 06:09 PM
BKphotography
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Advanced Lightroom Effects

These are really well done, mate.

Sep 04, 2017 at 09:08 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password