Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Something I haven't done before.

DannyBostwick
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Something I haven't done before.

So the venue has become a friend of mine referring a ton of stuff my way and the florist did a pretty incredible job so I wanted to do something cool for them. I had some extra time, the bride was super stoked about all the details and the look of the room, so I wanted to put something great together for her.

These are both composites and I'm definitely an amateur at these, so I wanted to see your all thoughts on these. There's some obvious blunders that I made that I see, but I wanted to see if your eye jived with mine... Cheers!

Aug 24, 2017 at 09:48 PM
Ziffl3
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Something I haven't done before.

these look good.
When there is time ... like to do this. Which is something new for me this year too.

-Mark

Edited on Sep 01, 2017 at 02:02 AM · View previous versions

Aug 24, 2017 at 09:59 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Something I haven't done before.

I especially like the second shot. The first shot looks great, but I'm troubled by how the individual tables are lit but it doesn't make any sense as to how they are lit. So it comes across very unnaturally. Obviously, I understand this is a composite and I know you lit each table individually, but I'm talking about the final result. Maybe if you kept the light the way it is on the main table, then toned down the lights on the outer tables?

Aug 29, 2017 at 01:40 PM
macpro88
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Something I haven't done before.

These are great. Nice details shots. The only thing slightly bothering me is the distortion. If I had more time to get these shots I would have taken enough to stitch together a panorama to remove the distortion.

Otherwise, these are great!

Aug 29, 2017 at 01:51 PM
DannyBostwick
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Something I haven't done before.

friscoron wrote:
I especially like the second shot. The first shot looks great, but I'm troubled by how the individual tables are lit but it doesn't make any sense as to how they are lit. So it comes across very unnaturally. Obviously, I understand this is a composite and I know you lit each table individually, but I'm talking about the final result. Maybe if you kept the light the way it is on the main table, then toned down the lights on the outer tables?

Good point, it does look a bit obvious. I think maybe even if I had gelled the lights it may have been a bit more on the subtle side. I'll take that into consideration next time. Thanks!

Aug 29, 2017 at 02:47 PM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Something I haven't done before.

super sweet — may the rewards come your way

DannyBostwick
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Something I haven't done before.

macpro88 wrote:
These are great. Nice details shots. The only thing slightly bothering me is the distortion. If I had more time to get these shots I would have taken enough to stitch together a panorama to remove the distortion.

Otherwise, these are great!

I meant to fix the distortion, I just kept getting distracted then I didn't. Ha, I know, crap excuses. Thanks for that, I'll fix that.

BSPhotog
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Something I haven't done before.

The vendors may appreciate stuff like this more than the couple even. I have really never had a window of time in my schedule for empty room reception shots like this,, but some good fodder should that happen.

Aug 29, 2017 at 04:48 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

BSPhotog
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Something I haven't done before.

The vendors may appreciate stuff like this more than the couple even. I have really never had a window of time in my schedule for empty room reception shots like this,, but some good fodder should that happen.

Aug 29, 2017 at 04:48 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Something I haven't done before.

In the first one you should have warmed up your lights a bit more to match the color temp of the room. The color difference looks a little strange.

Aug 29, 2017 at 04:51 PM
KSgal

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Something I haven't done before.

I would make sure the curtains are 'closed' on all the windows.. the peeking of light is a tad distracting.

I'm not 100% sold on the white balance here, but it may be an artistic choice, and even with the slightly off lighting, this is very very nice.. definitely on the right track.

Aug 31, 2017 at 02:19 PM
DannyBostwick
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Something I haven't done before.

I like the WB comments, your all totally right, I'll try to brush it in LR and see how that looks. I'll gel the light next time.

Aug 31, 2017 at 07:24 PM
Skiman555

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Something I haven't done before.

Would be curious as to what technique was applied? Speedlight or Video Light, ect?

Aug 31, 2017 at 10:53 PM
Ziffl3
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Something I haven't done before.

What would help the first shot is change the main crop to more of a 16:9 ratio.

The 2nd image you can not see the ceiling so in our minds, it is entirely possible to have pin or spot lighting on the tables.

The technique can be either a sped light or LED light. The key is to not move the camera!!!

-Mark

Sep 01, 2017 at 02:06 AM
DannyBostwick
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Something I haven't done before.

Skiman555 wrote:
Would be curious as to what technique was applied? Speedlight or Video Light, ect?

I used a large octabox.

Sep 01, 2017 at 01:07 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password