Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · x1d firmware 1.17.2 offers electronic shutter.

ken.vs.ryu
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · x1d firmware 1.17.2 offers electronic shutter.

the electronic shutter allows for shutter speeds up to 1/10,000s and is silent, allowing use of the X1D-50c under conditions that require absolute discretion or completely zero vibration. It allows the production of images with extremely high quality in situations that might have previously been challenging – both when silence is needed such as during live performances, or when working handheld in extremely low light conditions.

http://www.hasselblad.com/our-world/products/hasselblad-x1d-firmware-update-1-17-2

Open the dummy adapter floodgates...

Aug 24, 2017 at 03:30 PM
ken.vs.ryu
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · x1d firmware 1.17.2 offers electronic shutter.

Nikon F lenses on the X1D by Ming Thein

Nikon F mount lenses tested so far on Hasselblad X1D, with rough performance assessment

Zeiss Otus 28/1.4 APO Distagon ZF.2: Does not cover at any aperture; centre 135 format area remains very good but corners are not.

Zeiss Otus 55/1.4 APO Distagon ZF.2: Covers at all apertures but heavy vignetting that does not improve much even on stopping down. Pronounced field curvature outside the 135 format area, and some focus shift. Centre area remains excellent.

Zeiss Otus 85/1.4 APO Planar ZF.2: Covers at all apertures with correctable vignetting at larger apertures. Edges perform much better than expected. Recommended

Zeiss 2/135 APO
...Show more

https://blog.mingthein.com/2017/08/24/e-shutter-firmware-for-the-hasselblad-x1d/

Aug 24, 2017 at 03:34 PM
rscheffler
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · x1d firmware 1.17.2 offers electronic shutter.

IMO, it had to happen. Otherwise they're just giving away too much to Fuji.

Aug 24, 2017 at 03:54 PM
bjornthun
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · x1d firmware 1.17.2 offers electronic shutter.

That should open up the possibility to use the Hasselblad Zeiss lenses on the X1D then.

Aug 24, 2017 at 07:51 PM
bjornthun
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · x1d firmware 1.17.2 offers electronic shutter.

This one (from the link in post #1) is important too

Please note that the electronic shutter has some limitations due to the nature of the current generation of medium format sensors: rolling shutter effects may be present during camera or subject motion; sensor read time is 300ms. Furthermore, under phased light sources (fluorescent, LED) some striping may occur at higher shutter speeds as these sources are not truly continuous.

Aug 24, 2017 at 07:54 PM
ken.vs.ryu
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · x1d firmware 1.17.2 offers electronic shutter.

x1d + otus

https://www.getdpi.com/forum/medium-format-systems-and-digital-backs/62587-x1d-outs-lenses-via-cambo-adapter.html

Oct 10, 2017 at 04:39 PM
Steve Spencer
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · x1d firmware 1.17.2 offers electronic shutter.

bjornthun wrote:
That should open up the possibility to use the Hasselblad Zeiss lenses on the X1D then.

Yes, you should be able to do so. They work well on the Fuji GFX, and a number are pretty good and pretty cheap (e.g., 100 f/3.5; 180 f/4). Another very nice set of lenses to consider is Leica R. The 50 f/1.4 is supposed to be pretty good and the 80 f/1.4 definitely covers the image circle as does the 100 f/2.8 APO macro, the 180 f/3.4 APO, the 180 f/2.8 APO, and the 280 f/4 APO. Those are some pretty nice lenses to potentially use on the X1D. A number of Minolta MC/MD lenses seem to work well too including the 45 f/2 (although this lens has its limitations), most of the 50ish lenses, the 85s, and the 135 f/2 among others. I don't know about the 100mm lenses, but they may work well too.

Oct 10, 2017 at 04:59 PM
elkhornsun
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · x1d firmware 1.17.2 offers electronic shutter.

Important to realize that with the electronic shutter there is no flash sync so it is ambient light only.

Oct 10, 2017 at 05:09 PM
Steve Spencer
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · x1d firmware 1.17.2 offers electronic shutter.

Oh, and don't forget about the Pentax 645 and 67 lenses. I find the 67 lenses especially interesting. The 105 f/2.4 and 165 f/2.8 look like really interesting portrait lenses. The 75 f/2.8 surprisingly is quite small and also looks very good. It might well be a very good normalish lens, and there are interesting long lenses as well. The 300 M* f/4 could be very good, but I don't know how it compares to the 645 300 A* f/4. The smaller format lens might well be better. Both are pretty good bargains.

Then there are the Mamiya 645 lenses too. These are quite cheap and a number of them are quite good to. I have the 55 f/2.8N and it is a very nice smallish lens on the GFX. The 120 f/4 A Macro is also quite good, and people seem to rave about the long APO lenses which have quite fast apertures.

Really there is no shortage of options for minMF mirrorless.

Oct 10, 2017 at 05:09 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · x1d firmware 1.17.2 offers electronic shutter.

Steve Spencer wrote:
Really there is no shortage of options for minMF mirrorless.

the real question is can i use the mamiya 43mm for the mamiya 7 on the xd1?

Oct 10, 2017 at 05:16 PM
Steve Spencer
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · x1d firmware 1.17.2 offers electronic shutter.

sebboh wrote:
the real question is can i use the mamiya 43mm for the mamiya 7 on the xd1?

Well it should have a big enough image circle and the registration distance is 59mm, so plenty of room for an adapter. I doubt anyone will make an adapter, but I am betting you will figure out a way to put that lens in a donor housing and make it work. You ought to be able to find a T2 mount lens cheap and that will get you close. I bet you will be able to figure it out if you want to.

Oct 10, 2017 at 07:28 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · x1d firmware 1.17.2 offers electronic shutter.

Steve Spencer wrote:
Well it should have a big enough image circle and the registration distance is 59mm, so plenty of room for an adapter. I doubt anyone will make an adapter, but I am betting you will figure out a way to put that lens in a donor housing and make it work. You ought to be able to find a T2 mount lens cheap and that will get you close. I bet you will be able to figure it out if you want to.

it's a biogon design with a rear element that protrudes way back, so there might be some issue with the camera internals. the sensor isn't really big enough to make it worthwhile i guess on further consideration – it'll be like a ~31mm instead of a 21mm equivalent.

Oct 10, 2017 at 08:10 PM
ken.vs.ryu
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · x1d firmware 1.17.2 offers electronic shutter.

Would love to see images from this combo. xpan + x1d.

https://i.imgur.com/TGdlpkO.jpg

Dec 21, 2017 at 02:46 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.