New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              12      
       end

Nikon D850 officially announced!

charles.K
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.13 #1 · p.13 #1 · Nikon D850 officially announced!

Ai_Print wrote:
The person who originally posted the link said "This is an excellent more long term review".

I took issue with that especially considering how many people put up "My D750 unboxing review" after a day or so.

As far as DOF, the fundamentals apply regardless of COC, print size, etc, so he simply should have clarified what he meant, hence the disservice he did to himself. The more I see people getting either cute or lazy with terminology that is basic and fundamental, the more irritated I get, like when someone says "The ISO performance is much improved" that is like saying
...Show more

Hi Al. It was me who posted the link with tongue in cheek, particularly with the many reviews being completed misinterpreted by google translate.

I respect your experience and opinion but there is truly no long term reviews available until the D850 has been fully introduced. All we have now are reviews and opinions prior to the initial release date and having fun

Sep 01, 2017 at 11:59 PM
Lee Saxon
• • • •
p.13 #2 · p.13 #2 · Nikon D850 officially announced!

Ai_Print wrote:
So to say "Better Depth of Field" especially when differentiating between the D850 and D810 referenced directly above

I don't think that's what he's doing. Yeah, the D810 blurb is immediately preceding, but it doesn't mention DoF. The D500 blurb before that *does,* and specifically mentions the comparison to FX. I think it's that camera he's comparing to the D850 when he says "Better Depth of Field."

Though it's still fair to argue that "shallower depth of field options at certain focal lengths" doesn't necessarily constitute "better depth of field."

Sep 02, 2017 at 12:38 AM
Tyr-Sog
• • •
p.13 #3 · p.13 #3 · Nikon D850 officially announced!

I'm going to buy this camera..

Reason, it's finally the all-in-one

Sep 02, 2017 at 08:23 AM
Laslo Varadi
• •
p.13 #4 · p.13 #4 · Nikon D850 officially announced!

Shutter is slightly louder than D810 and much quieter than D750.

Sep 02, 2017 at 01:23 PM
Blakehfreeman
• •
p.13 #5 · p.13 #5 · Nikon D850 officially announced!

Found out today I made it into the first shipment! 😬🙌🏻👍🏻 Camera arrives Friday! Happy shooting!!

My Nikon 28mm 1.4E also arrives Friday! #earlyChristmas

Sep 05, 2017 at 06:18 PM
wjmeyer
• • •
p.13 #6 · p.13 #6 · Nikon D850 officially announced!

Blakehfreeman wrote:
Found out today I made it into the first shipment! 😬🙌🏻👍🏻 Camera arrives Friday! Happy shooting!!

My Nikon 28mm 1.4E also arrives Friday! #earlyChristmas

Of course we expect a full review by Saturday then Congrat's on the early delivery, it will be good to hear feedback from real world FM members...

Sep 05, 2017 at 08:30 PM
Blakehfreeman
• •
p.13 #7 · p.13 #7 · Nikon D850 officially announced!

Called again because I'm paranoid... now they say they're unsure if I'll ship with the first batch. 😡

Thanks for giving me a full day to review .

wjmeyer wrote:
Of course we expect a full review by Saturday then Congrat's on the early delivery, it will be good to hear feedback from real world FM members...

Sep 05, 2017 at 08:37 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

wjmeyer
• • •
p.13 #8 · p.13 #8 · Nikon D850 officially announced!

Blakehfreeman wrote:
Thanks for giving me a full day to review .

I didn't want to rush you or anything

Sep 05, 2017 at 08:40 PM
charles.K
• • • • •
p.13 #9 · p.13 #9 · Nikon D850 officially announced!

I was contacted by a good friend with a major camera store in Brisbane and asked do I want a D850 tomorrow

I had no intentions until the second wave of stock, but I have everything that is not tied down and unnecessary on ebay with about 70% sold already.

Yes I will have the D850 with the first shipment

Sep 06, 2017 at 05:31 AM
ohsnaphappy
• • •
p.13 #10 · p.13 #10 · Nikon D850 officially announced!

Asking here too:

Question, if I drop down to medium raw on the D850, or even small, will I sacrifice any DR?

Also I assume, small raw and medium raw WILL sacrifice detail, since they're will be less MP's.

I'd pre-order two D850's but I absolutely don't want MORE resolution. So I'm hoping medium raw will meet my needs.

Thanks!

Sep 06, 2017 at 06:38 AM
Stoffer
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.13 #11 · p.13 #11 · Nikon D850 officially announced!

charles.K wrote:
I was contacted by a good friend with a major camera store in Brisbane and asked do I want a D850 tomorrow

I had no intentions until the second wave of stock, but I have everything that is not tied down and unnecessary on ebay with about 70% sold already.

Yes I will have the D850 with the first shipment

Fantastic Charles, and congrats!

... but now you will have to brace yourself with an onslaught of questions from us all this weekend!

Sep 06, 2017 at 06:50 AM
charles.K
• • • • •
p.13 #12 · p.13 #12 · Nikon D850 officially announced!

Stoffer wrote:
Fantastic Charles, and congrats!

... but now you will have to brace yourself with an onslaught of questions from us all this weekend!

Thank you very much I spoke to my good friend and he has the D5 and D750 for weddings and he has played with the D850. Previously had the D810 also. His comments were the AF is really, really fast and accurate. You don't have to second guess. It literally focuses in the dark and the grip and the view finder is so much better than the D810. Just some initial impressions of the D850 by my good friend.

Sep 06, 2017 at 07:36 AM
Howard Kearley
• • • • •
p.13 #13 · p.13 #13 · Nikon D850 officially announced!

mine we will be with me tomorrow

Sep 06, 2017 at 07:37 AM
Nisa
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.13 #14 · p.13 #14 · Nikon D850 officially announced!

my D850 coming tomorrow together with the brand new 105 1,4.

Sep 06, 2017 at 08:53 AM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password