New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Testing Fuji (Just for fun)

dmacmillan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Testing Fuji (Just for fun)

I rented the X-T2 and X-Pro2 to compare. My son and grandson were sitting at the dining room table discussing the merits of each when my grandson asked to try the X-T2. Since he aimed it at me, I aimed the X-Pro2 at him. We shot almost simultaneously.

Them

X-Pro2    XF23mmF2 R WR lens    23mm    f/2.0    1/125s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Me

X-T2    XF16mmF1.4 R WR lens    16mm    f/1.4    1/640s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  

Aug 23, 2017 at 10:53 PM
TheEmrys
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Testing Fuji (Just for fun)

So what do you think? I own the XT2 and had the Xpro2, and am curious about your impressions.

Aug 24, 2017 at 12:53 AM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Testing Fuji (Just for fun)

TheEmrys wrote:
So what do you think? I own the XT2 and had the Xpro2, and am curious about your impressions.

Loved them both, but preferred the XT2. It's just more versatile. I'd get the XPro2 if I planned on just shooting small primes, but even the 16mm just worked better on the XT2.

Aug 24, 2017 at 12:58 AM
millsart
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Testing Fuji (Just for fun)

With the right lens, and for the right type of shooting, the XPro2 is a real joy

XT2 is great too, and a bit more versatile overall with improved EVF, quicker ISO access, flip out screen etc. If you want a do it all, the XT2 is a great choice

Certainly can do plenty with the XPro2 as well but for things like a low angle landscape shot the flip out screen might be missed.

XP2 is like a 2 seat sports car.. Awesome to have in the garage to take out for a drive on Sundays, but maybe not great for hauling the family around. XT2 does it all and is probably the better overall value for most folks

Aug 24, 2017 at 02:11 AM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Testing Fuji (Just for fun)

millsart wrote:
XP2 is like a 2 seat sports car.. Awesome to have in the garage to take out for a drive on Sundays, but maybe not great for hauling the family around. XT2 does it all and is probably the better overall value for most folks

I have a 2002 Miata and a 2015 Miata. I can relate, excellent analogy.

There's no doubt that the XP2 is sexier. I held the body up to my Leica M3 and they are almost exactly the same size. I'll probably end up with the XT2, but I can always take my M3 for a Sunday drive.

Aug 24, 2017 at 02:17 AM
johnvanr
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Testing Fuji (Just for fun)

dmacmillan wrote:
I have a 2002 Miata and a 2015 Miata. I can relate, excellent analogy.

There's no doubt that the XP2 is sexier. I held the body up to my Leica M3 and they are almost exactly the same size. I'll probably end up with the XT2, but I can always take my M3 for a Sunday drive.

I just want one Miata. Had a 1992 and I'm ready for a new one now that the kids are all grown up.

Camera-wise, I'd go with MFT, though.

Aug 24, 2017 at 02:32 AM
kanap

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Testing Fuji (Just for fun)

johnvanr wrote:
I just want one Miata. Had a 1992 and I'm ready for a new one now that the kids are all grown up.

Camera-wise, I'd go with MFT, though.

Don't test drive a 2016-17 unless you take your checkbook. Simply awesome.

Aug 25, 2017 at 08:28 PM
Fred Amico
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Testing Fuji (Just for fun)

For me it came down to ergonomics. Both great cameras, but as I'm more used to a DSLR, the X-T2 just felt more comfortable in my hands. Glad I got one - really nice camera!

Aug 26, 2017 at 12:03 AM
johnvanr
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Testing Fuji (Just for fun)

kanap wrote:
Don't test drive a 2016-17 unless you take your checkbook. Simply awesome.

I'm waiting until I have the money, because I know I want one. Badly...

I've driven Porsches, Corvettes and a McLaren but for smiles per dollar nothing beats the Miata.

Sorry for the off-topic post.

Aug 26, 2017 at 01:59 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

millsart
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Testing Fuji (Just for fun)

I used to race SCCA auto-cross and darn if the Miata weren't the fastest cars on the track every weekend. Didn't matter how much power (or price tag) other cars had, the Miata's would post faster lap times than vettes, mustangs, 911 turbo's, you name it. Well, someone once brought some really high end racing cart that could pull about 3g's in the corners and that beat everyone, but still...

lightweight car with a near perfect weight balance, easy reving engine, and a smaller track...can't beat a Miata

Aug 26, 2017 at 05:19 AM
gaopa
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Testing Fuji (Just for fun)

Great pics! Thanks for sharing!

I have an X-T2/18-55 and the X-Pro2/23 1.4 and am crazy about both. I have been a Nikon DSLR shooter for the past 15 years and while I still like my Nikons, I'm finding my Fuji cameras are getting used more and more and the Nikons less and less.

Aug 26, 2017 at 10:43 AM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Testing Fuji (Just for fun)

gaopa wrote:
Great pics! Thanks for sharing!

I have an X-T2/18-55 and the X-Pro2/23 1.4 and am crazy about both. I have been a Nikon DSLR shooter for the past 15 years and while I still like my Nikons, I'm finding my Fuji cameras are getting used more and more and the Nikons less and less.

Howdy neighbor! I took both cameras out for some sunset photos. I found it easy to go from one to the other. It,made me want to just get both! The purist in me wants to just get the XP2 and the 23, 35 and 50 f2. That would come close to matching my Leica M3 with my 35, 50 and 90. BTW, I put the XP2 and the M3 bodies next to each other. They are the same size! I did shoot the Fuji with my Leica lenses and was surprised at how easy it was to get good focus.

Aug 26, 2017 at 11:07 AM
starlights
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Testing Fuji (Just for fun)

dmacmillan wrote:
.....but I can always take my M3 for a Sunday drive.
Now thats something I understand and agree with

Aug 26, 2017 at 11:41 AM
gaopa
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Testing Fuji (Just for fun)

Howdy neighbor! I took both cameras out for some sunset photos. I found it easy to go from one to the other. It,made me want to just get both! The purist in me wants to just get the XP2 and the 23, 35 and 50 f2. That would come close to matching my Leica M3 with my 35, 50 and 90. BTW, I put the XP2 and the M3 bodies next to each other. They are the same size! I did shoot the Fuji with my Leica lenses and was surprised at how easy it was to get good focus.

You have my permission to get both the X-T2 and X-Pro2. I just love spending other people's money!

Aug 26, 2017 at 05:18 PM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Testing Fuji (Just for fun)

gaopa wrote:
You have my permission to get both the X-T2 and X-Pro2. I just love spending other people's money!

Laugh it up funny boy. Just remember my domestic CEO has friends who speak Italian! When I squeal, I'll name you as a co-conspirator!

Aug 26, 2017 at 06:35 PM
gaopa
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Testing Fuji (Just for fun)

dmacmillan wrote:
Laugh it up funny boy. Just remember my domestic CEO has friends who speak Italian! When I squeal, I'll name you as a co-conspirator!

Oh no, please don't name me as a co-conspirator with your domestic CEO!

Aug 26, 2017 at 08:05 PM
ajamils
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Testing Fuji (Just for fun)

I have used both extensively and enjoyed them both but I prefer X-T2 for a lot of reasons but two major ones are tilting LCD and EVF that works with polarized sunglasses. The first one I can love without bit second one is a major drawback of XPro2 specially if you shoot outdoors a lot. Don't know why no one ever mentions that in the reviews.

Ideally, you should get Xpro2 with f2 primes and X-T2 with red badge zooms. My current kit is the later one with no primes.

TheEmrys wrote:

Aug 26, 2017 at 10:33 PM
Pavel
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Testing Fuji (Just for fun)

I've got a 97 Miata STO, number 64 of the 1500 made. It's my favorite car ever.

I'm in a similar spot as the OP, but after playing with both the X-T2 and X-Pro2 three times for about fifteen minutes each time back to back, I'm stuck. I like almost everything better about the X-Pro2, but then I get doubts when the spec oriented left side of the brain kicks in, as it always does.

Does that mean I should buy the X-Pro2, or sell the Miata, buy an SUV and get the X-T1? It's a tough dilemma and I just can't ever declare a winner in the left side/ right side battle, but the good news is that by the time I do decide the next versions should be here, I'll save a lot of money, and the wife side of the equation will be pleased!

Aug 29, 2017 at 10:17 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password