Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Sold: Epson R2880 Printer Extras

BPochman
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: Epson R2880 Printer Extras

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   Epson Stylus Photo Printer R2880 Color Inkjet Mint Cone Refill Ink Carts Xtras

Sold

Price: $375.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 10 Preowned equipment, but appears as new
Shipping instructions: Price net of FedEx ground to CONUS and Paypal Gift or Fee (See details in ad)

I have a little used Epson Stylus Photo R2880 Color Inkjet Photo Printer that has been converted to the Cone K3 Refillable Ink Cartridge System (see www.inkjetmell.com) that provides tremendous performance and economy. It is a great printer (recently replaced by the P600) that is highly regarded for both home and low volume pro applications needing prints (both color & black/white) up to 13x19”.

I am the original owner and rarely used it because I have a letter-size color laser and an inkjet that scans and prints up to 11x17 - and also just got a high end HP printer/plotter that prints drawings and photos on roll or sheet paper up to 24” wide. All the original stuff that came with the Epson R2880 printer is included, including a USB2 cable (which did not come with it), along with the instructions, roll paper holder, CD print holder, and Fine Art Paper tray. A lot of extras, as described at various points below, are also included.

I have done nozzle checks regularly to insure the heads stay clean and installed a waste ink collection system that works better than distributing the waste ink over the bottom of the printer (which I was surprised to find is the normal system). I checked and a half dozen of the printers sold for $425-$525 over the last 3-4 months on the big auction site - without any of the extras. I believe the Cone ink system and the full records system provided, along with what I can tell a buyer about how to use and maintain the printer is a valuable extra.

The refillable ink carts are easy to refill and the ink comes in 60 or 110 ml bottles. A 60 ml bottle provides as much ink as 5-6 pre-filled cartridges. Plus the ink is of very high quality - you can read all about Cone Inks on the web site. One big advantage of this system is that you are not throwing away lots of plastic carts. There is probably $250-$300 worth of ink carts and related supplies included - along with a system I’ve developed for logging everything and quickly/easily refilling the carts.

All the ink carts in the printer are full, and I have the following ink in bottles (bottle size / % full): LLB - 60 / 30 & 110 / F, VLM - 60 / 10, LC - 60 / 10, LK - 60 / 20, MK - 60 / 90 & 60 / F, C - 60 / 50, VM - 60 / 20, and Y - 60 / 40. The VLM and LC inks are the ones most needing another bottle of ink. There are PK (photo black) carts with some ink in them. The best time to get more ink is in the late fall when InkjetMall usually has a sale where the prices are reduced. I figure that my ink carts cost about $3-4 per use instead of the cost of new Epson prefilled carts - and you don’t throw away all those empty carts.

There is also a full set (with quite a bit of ink in them) of the original epson carts, an extra set of Cone empty carts, and other miscellaneous related stuff. I also have a cartridge re-setter so that you can re-fill a cart at any time, and have a set of spare empty carts. It is a valuable accessory for the system. By the way, I have used both Photo and Matte black inks. I have both and they are easy to switch. There is also a dust cover made of Green heavy-duty packcloth. It is shown in one photo. Another photo shows the roll paper holder loaded along with the waste ink bottle (easy to check the level and empty when needed).

I also have a log of the printer's maintenance and the ink related supplies stored in two small boxes in a very organized (and easy to use) way. Also included is a bottle 110 ML bottle (90% full) of “piezo flush,” which is the cleaning solution they sell (you can also use windex) and a full set of syringes for each color that are used in the re-filling process – which is quite easy.

Also included is a half roll of 13” x 50’ INKPRESS proofing matte paper. I used it for testing the roll print feature and doing graphic printing using the Matte Black cart. I should note that the printer roll paper holders take 2” cored paper, while this paper comes 3” cored. I took a 2” core and re-rolled the paper on it such that it works fine. With this you get to practice and work with the roll feeder, and later on get exactly the paper you want.

This is a great system for someone that wants a high-quality yet economical and easy-to-maintain (if used regularly) complete photo printing system at a great package price. I have a large heavy-duty box (from a Microwave) that is 27 x 21 x 11” and should fit everything with adequate cushioning. The box will probably weigh around 40 lbs. It will be shipped by FedEx Home/Ground. I will provide a phone number so a buyer can contact me for a discussion and instructions about re-filling ink carts and maintaining the printer - as well as the best/cheapest way of getting some more ink carts.

Payment will be by PayPal gift (or fee). I don’t mind using the gift option as FM membership creates an “among friends” ambiance. If regular PayPal is preferred, please add 3.1%. Final details can be worked out via PM, which I prefer because of the way my email program handles the regular ones without date/time info. I'm retired and around home most of the time, and will respond to most PM's promptly. I also have it listed in my local Craigslist (Seattle).

Aug 23, 2017 at 01:22 PM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.