Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Enlarging lens, but what brand is it?

addieleman

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Enlarging lens, but what brand is it?

Found this lens on an open-air fair in The Netherlands last Sunday. It looks like an enlarging lens to me with its M39 mount and the fact that the aperture numbers are readable with the mount upward like in an enlarger. Does anybody know who manufactured this? Just curious... I made some test shots with the Sony A7 and the Minolta Auto Bellows III and it performed quite well, allowing for large amounts of tilt and shift.

Aug 23, 2017 at 11:37 AM
JohnJ
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Enlarging lens, but what brand is it?

It is definitely an enlarging lens, but I don't know who made it. There were several companies in Japan making EL's under a variety of names for US and UK brands. They all had a similar look or finish to your lens, even the font looks familiar.

Some odd points are both the lack of any branding (I can't understanding why there is no name at all) but also number of aperture blades is unusually high, 12 is uncommon. The serial number seems low, maybe it's a sample of some kind. Good luck!

Aug 23, 2017 at 12:13 PM
addieleman

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Enlarging lens, but what brand is it?

I've bombarded the internet with this question and got an answer on dpreview, it's very probably from JML Optical.

Aug 26, 2017 at 02:26 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Enlarging lens, but what brand is it?

I had a JML Optical SWA 65mm f/8 (in Copal 0), for 4x5, and it was a really excellent lens.

Aug 26, 2017 at 02:31 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password