FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Replacement foot Sony FE 100-400 GM Kirk

MedicineMan404
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Replacement foot Sony FE 100-400 GM Kirk

Seconding the thanks Fred for the collapsible hood link. Great find and thanks for sharing.

Sep 24, 2017 at 01:45 AM
swldstn
• • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Replacement foot Sony FE 100-400 GM Kirk

Don't like the soft hoods because they provide no protection of the lenses front element from being bumped. Probably not as much an issue on a longer lenses like this but for lenses used in more crowded environment I want the protection of a hard lens hood.

Also have been using the Kirk foot on both my Canon and Sony 100-400mm lenses and I have a small acra swiss clamp on a black rapid strap to attach to any lens with an arca-swiss plate or foot or to any camera with an arca-swiss l-bracket or camera plate.

Simply detach it when i want to put the lens or camera body in an arca-swiss ball head or gimbal. Black Rapid also makes small tether straps that can go from the caribina to some other connection on the camera or lens. I use those when I think I need extra safety.

Steve W

Sep 24, 2017 at 03:21 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Replacement foot Sony FE 100-400 GM Kirk

kdrk888 wrote:
Fred, the problem I found out is the Jody plate can't be securely attached to the lens collar. If I understand Joshua correctly, the plate (not the Kirk) he was using came loose too.

One way to make a small plate secure is to get one with a bump. Like this one for example:
https://www.amazon.com/Haoge-Universal-Fujifilm-Panasonic-Mirrorless/dp/B00XK2790Y

Sep 24, 2017 at 05:27 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Fred Miranda
Admin
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Replacement foot Sony FE 100-400 GM Kirk

Fred Miranda wrote:
One way to make a small plate secure is to get one with a bump. Like this one for example:
https://www.amazon.com/Haoge-Universal-Fujifilm-Panasonic-Mirrorless/dp/B00XK2790Y

I just tried the plate linked above and as I suspected, it did the trick. Its "bump" locks the plate in place so it does not rotate. There is a way to add a strap to it as well. I tried it on my tripod and it's rock solid.

It's only 9 grams which is about 70 grams lighter than the OEM foot. (which still needs a plate on it!)

Sep 26, 2017 at 05:54 PM
kdrk888
• • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Replacement foot Sony FE 100-400 GM Kirk

I just received the Kirk foot for the 100-400 GM or the 70-200 GM. I run a OpTech Uni Loop (the longer version) through one of the holes as shown in the pictures below. The Kirk foot is fairly long so this won't get in the way of using an Arca Swiss type quick release. The Optech strap seems pretty strong. Note that you can run an uni loop through the back of the Sony foot too but you still need to add a plate to the Sony foot to use with a quick release. The $125 RRS foot has a strap slot like the Sony foot too. I can grab the Kirk foot to carry the lens around too.

Douglas

Sep 27, 2017 at 10:28 PM
kohann

Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Replacement foot Sony FE 100-400 GM Kirk

I also got a Kirk today for my 70-200GM. I was surprised that German company ProPhoto sell this product in Europe.

Sep 28, 2017 at 07:52 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password