New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

CF card "Not formatted"

fmartinmn
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · CF card "Not formatted"

I ran into a new brick wall this past week while at Yellowstone NP. I shot for 3 days with my D800e and saw the images each day. When I pulled the card out to download the images to my computer I recieved a message that the card was not formatted and could not be read. The message also said "do you want to format the card". I pulled the card out of the reader and put it back in my camera to see if the camera could read it and to my surprise I got a similar message clainming the card was not formatted. I always format my cards in camera after each download. Any experience or ideas on how I recover my images in this situation? Thanks, Frank.

Aug 21, 2017 at 07:13 PM
Mike Veltri
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · CF card "Not formatted"

You could try Photo Rescue, I think this link is to a demo.
http://www.photoshopsupport.com/photo-recovery/photo-rescue.html

There are other data recovery software programs available. Sandisk has offered in the past free data recovery software and Lexar also has data recovery software.

Did you pull the card will it was writing to the card?

Aug 21, 2017 at 07:26 PM
fmartinmn
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · CF card "Not formatted"

Thanks Mike. No, I pulled the card at the end of the day. Do I just contact Sandisk customer service for the recovery software?

Aug 21, 2017 at 08:12 PM
tntcorp
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · CF card "Not formatted"

fmartinmn wrote:
Thanks Mike. No, I pulled the card at the end of the day. Do I just contact Sandisk customer service for the recovery software?

the recovery from sandisk, actually from a third party and licensed by sandisk, will recovered deleted images. you can download a trial copy to try to see if it can recover the images before handing over $20. without the licensed keys, you only have the option to view (and not to save) the recovered images.

also, you will have to purchase a copy unless you bought the card new, which will come with a licensed keys active for one year from date of activation.

Aug 21, 2017 at 09:57 PM
tntcorp
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · CF card "Not formatted"

don't attempt to do anything else with the card before running the recovery software.

Aug 21, 2017 at 10:00 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · CF card "Not formatted"

Definitely try Recuva first. See if it can get your NEF's back for you.

Aug 21, 2017 at 11:43 PM
Michael White
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · CF card "Not formatted"

What do mac users use

Aug 22, 2017 at 09:52 AM
Michael White
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · CF card "Not formatted"

What do mac users use

Aug 22, 2017 at 09:52 AM
fmartinmn
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · CF card "Not formatted"

Yep, went that route and got the images back kinda. after I bought the software it keeps crashing during the save routine. I need to get baack to their tech support to see what that issue is all about. Thanks, for your input and help. Frank.

Aug 22, 2017 at 03:20 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password