New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

end

30 minutes to first contact

lighthound
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · 30 minutes to first contact

Thanks Jeff! It's not the greatest scene but it was the best I could come up with setting in my backyard. I see I need to clip a couple of frames out of there. same ugly fat guy walked into the frame I see.

Wasn't that crazy how lucky I got with the clouds! A certain something on my body was puckering the closer it got to totality as I watched them starting to get closer. But my prayers were answered with only a few close calls until it was over. My sequence shots of the second half of the show were kinda messed up as I couldn't shoot every 5 minutes like I did on the first half. But I got enough to make a decent composite once I finish the star of the show image. One of these years.

Dave

Aug 30, 2017 at 07:11 PM
beavens
• • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · 30 minutes to first contact

lighthound wrote:
Thanks Jeff! It's not the greatest scene but it was the best I could come up with setting in my backyard. I see I need to clip a couple of frames out of there. same ugly fat guy walked into the frame I see.

Wasn't that crazy how lucky I got with the clouds! A certain something on my body was puckering the closer it got to totality as I watched them starting to get closer. But my prayers were answered with only a few close calls until it was over. My sequence shots of the second half of the
...Show more

You gotta understand that your "not the greatest" scene is the the coolest thing ever to someone who didn't get to witness the wow factor of such an event. It was kinda neat at 86% and it did feel a little eerie when it got SLIGHTLY darker, but it's nothing compared to what you saw!

SUPER lucky! I saw totality hit and then shortly thereafter the sun was eaten up by a monstrous, thick cloud. Damn, that was close!

The mere casual observer over here can't wait to see more.

Jeff

Aug 30, 2017 at 08:31 PM
lighthound
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · 30 minutes to first contact

Yeah, it got dark, almost as dark as night.
The first thing my wife yelled out was "OMG! Look at THAT! And look at all the stars!"
That pretty much did me in at that moment and took everything in me to remember to keep hitting that remote button.

Due to my camera settings you can't really see how dark it got. I didn't want it to go completely dark so I set it up in AV mode @ -1EV so I could capture the actual eclipse.

I'm working on them. I can't wait to get them finished.

Dave

Aug 30, 2017 at 09:13 PM
       end

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password