New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Recommended adaptors for Nikon lenses to Fuji cameras

kanap

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Recommended adaptors for Nikon lenses to Fuji cameras

I am sure this has been covered but tried several "search" phrases with 0 finds. I am also sure I am not the only Nikon convert with some good Nikon long glass and nothing more than my 55-200 for my Fuji system.

Yes, I can use my Nikon glass with my Nikon camera, but if I wanted to take one along on a Fuji shoot, which adaptor(s) would be best suited. Since I, at least for now, have the ability to use Nikon for wildlife/sports action I am not ready to buy the 100-400... but G.A.S has affected me before.

Just wondering, is there a 300 or other long glass coming or rumored from Fuji? Thanks for any input.

Aug 19, 2017 at 10:03 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Recommended adaptors for Nikon lenses to Fuji cameras

If you want to shoot G-lenses, then this is the one I would get.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1002617-REG/metabones_mb_nfg_x_bm1_nikon_g_mount_lens.html

Aug 20, 2017 at 09:54 AM
gyoung143
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Recommended adaptors for Nikon lenses to Fuji cameras

I use this one, its a bit primitive for G lenses as the aperture scale is very short, but I dont use them very often (only have 2). For MF and AF lenses the aperture control works like a pre set sytem, simply set the lens to the aperture you want and then you can open it up to full aperture for focussing and then stop down with a flip of the finger.
Its chunky, so good for my 180/2.8 ED, and like most its too short by a fraction so needs shimming for correct scale focus, or for CRC etc lenses.

Nikon G to Fuji X,K&F ConceptŪ Camera Lens Adapter Ring For Nikon G AI AF Lens to Fujifilm Fuji FX X-Pro1 X-M1 X-A1 X-E1 Adapter Nikon G-FX https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00OONK89W/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_D0xMzb1PP8EKG

Gerry

Edited on Aug 20, 2017 at 02:10 PM · View previous versions

Aug 20, 2017 at 12:19 PM
Mr. G
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Recommended adaptors for Nikon lenses to Fuji cameras

gyoung143 wrote:
I use this one, its a bit primitive for G lenses as the aperture scale is very short, but I dont use them very often (only have 2). For MF and AF lenses the sperture control works like a pre set sytem, simply set the lens to the aperture you want and then you can open it up to full aperture for focussing and then stop down with a flip of the finger.
Its chunky, so good for my 180/2.8 ED, and like most its too short by a fraction so needs shimming for correct scale focus, or for CRC etc
...Show more

This is the one I use. Well made and it works with Nikon G lenses and those earlier Nikkors with an aperture ring. If the lens has an aperture ring, you set the lens to its smallest aperture and use the aperture ring on the adapter to change the f-stop. I see no reason why it wouldn't work with manual focus Nikkors (but I have none left with which I could test it).

Can't go wrong for $25. Not a lot of money wasted I you find you do not like working with adapted lenses.

Gregg

Aug 20, 2017 at 01:59 PM
gyoung143
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Recommended adaptors for Nikon lenses to Fuji cameras

Mr. G wrote:
This is the one I use. Well made and it works with Nikon G lenses and those earlier Nikkors with an aperture ring. If the lens has an aperture ring, you set the lens to its smallest aperture and use the aperture ring on the adapter to change the f-stop. I see no reason why it wouldn't work with manual focus Nikkors (but I have none left with which I could test it).

Can't go wrong for $25. Not a lot of money wasted I you find you do not like working with adapted lenses.

Gregg

You don't have to set an AiS or AF lens to min aperture, just to the one you want, when you turn the aperture control from open to closed it just closes the lens down to the aperture you have set, the aperture ring on the lens limits the amount of movement of the coupling pin on the lens.

Gerry

Aug 20, 2017 at 02:13 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password