New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Bridge CC Not Seeing Espon Scan jpg's

msalvetti
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Bridge CC Not Seeing Espon Scan jpg's

Having what seems like an odd problem. I have been scanning some old family photos to jpg using an Epson scanner and the Epson scan utility.

When I open the folder in Bridge CC, I can't see any of the scanned images. They are there in Windows Explorer, and I can open them in Photoshop CC using the File-Open command. I also tried to scan to tiff, and those files are also not visible.

I made edits and resaved the files using Photoshop CC, and those images don't show in Bridge either.

I'm assuming there is some setting that I need to change in Bridge, but I've done a search online and can't find anything. I have tried purging the cache in Bridge, and nothing changed.

The last time I used this scanner was in 2016, and the jpg's I created then are visible in Bridge. I can't for the life of me think of what might be different now.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mark

Aug 19, 2017 at 03:00 PM
EA6B
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Bridge CC Not Seeing Espon Scan jpg's

Are they perhaps jpeg versus jpg?

Aug 19, 2017 at 05:04 PM
msalvetti
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Bridge CC Not Seeing Espon Scan jpg's

No, that doesn't seem to be it. The are xxxx.jpg files.

Mark

Aug 19, 2017 at 07:37 PM
John Wheeler
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Bridge CC Not Seeing Espon Scan jpg's

Check this link out. Not sure its the problem yet hard to tell with just the description you have provided so far: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1301593

Aug 20, 2017 at 02:38 PM
msalvetti
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Bridge CC Not Seeing Espon Scan jpg's

Thanks John. I don't think that's the issue. I also tried clicking on "show hidden files".

Strangely, after two days, suddenly every file is visible in Bridge, including files that have not been edited in PS and are straight out of the scanner.

Still a mystery, but at least I'm back in business.

Mark

Aug 21, 2017 at 12:31 AM
AnnJS
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Bridge CC Not Seeing Espon Scan jpg's

There are settings in Bridge's Prefs to "Compact the Cache" and also to "Purge the Cache".
Using one or both of those can help if files do not display.

There is also "Refresh" in the View menu.

Aug 21, 2017 at 09:19 AM
msalvetti
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Bridge CC Not Seeing Espon Scan jpg's

Thanks Ann. I tried the cache tricks, that didn't help. I didn't know about Refresh in the view menu, if this happens again I'll remember to try that.

I had tried other tricks to refresh, including a reboot, but that didn't work. Still not sure what changed to bring the files back, but things are still working.

Mark

Aug 21, 2017 at 08:58 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.