New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Small light table for viewing slides/film

jbonzo1
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Small light table for viewing slides/film

Are these still available? Looking for a small one for 35mm. 9x12 or 10x13, something like that.

Aug 19, 2017 at 03:04 PM
Ho1972
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Small light table for viewing slides/film

I made my own with a piece of translucent white plastic from a supply house. I illuminated it with a daylight fluorescent tube since color rendition was not critical for my use.

Aug 19, 2017 at 03:17 PM
jbonzo1
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Small light table for viewing slides/film

This looks good.
https://www.amazon.com/ME456-Light-Ultra-thin-Power-Tracing/dp/B01EBA8ZX8/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1503158326&sr=8-4-fkmr2&keywords=%22slide+light+table%22

Aug 19, 2017 at 04:15 PM
Pavel
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Small light table for viewing slides/film

I had a mid grade one I got for cheap years back which I used to use. I was never very happy with it as the illumination was uneven enough to bother me (if used florescent tubes - three if I remember right, and that just didn't work well enough for my tastes)

I had always wanted to build one, and planned to use white christmass lights set in a dense grid pattern as a cheap way to go or LED's if I wanted to spend more. Even just a few years ago, good LED's with decent white light properties were quite expensive, though I suspect that now they are better and cheaper too.

I also found that the 14x10 or so dimensions were really no fun. Too small.

So now that the Cat destroyed the old one, if I rebuild my darkroom (shingles flew off the roof in a hurricane and the room got flooded) I will for sure get a good large one built up, home made.

For store bought I'd always avoid cheap stuff from Amazon. It's probably a lot of frustration, sort of like using a $40 dollar loupe. Try Freestyle - they know Film stuff better than most.

Aug 19, 2017 at 05:20 PM
John Wheeler
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Small light table for viewing slides/film

I have this one and am quite happy with it. They have several sizes. Always pays to shop around for best price: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L8F0W0E/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Aug 20, 2017 at 07:48 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password