New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Canon lens repair

DannyBurkPhoto
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon lens repair

I examined a 24-70/2.8 L - first version, not "ii" - today, which has a couple of problems. If anyone has suggestions, I'll pass them along.

1) The ring that includes the "red L ring" is loose and slides up and down. It doesn't seem to affect operation.

2) The zoom ring becomes excessively tight when moving toward 24mm. I used to have a lens of this model and it felt normal. It doesn't seem that the problem I described above should be related to this.

I don't have personal experience with Canon OEM repair. Would you folks suggest that as the best route? I did send an old Canon lens to Midwest in Michigan some time ago; the repair was great, but service was very slow (something like 4-5 months, IIRC). If anyone has recommendations other than these two, I'd be glad to pass them along. Thanks.

Aug 18, 2017 at 10:18 PM
Jon Joshua
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon lens repair

The loose ring can probably be fixed easily by sliding away the focus grip and tightening some screws underneath.

The zoom ring tightness sounds like a more serious issue.

Aug 18, 2017 at 11:01 PM
craig_k
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon lens repair

the zoom ring collar repair done with CPS discount is appx 250, just had one done a few months back, known " issue" with that particular model. a CPS gold cps membership will be 100-150, but you'll get the benefits of membership, look it up........so that may not be worth it to you as an added expense.

Aug 19, 2017 at 09:30 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.