New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2017 · Lens-theft prevention?

Herb
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Lens-theft prevention?

I have always thought that I was aware of my surroundings.....but after ALMOST having my pocket picked I have realized how crafty these people are when they want to target you.

When I think back on it I believe there were at least two or three times they tried but didnt get my wallet until I finally figured it out. My shorts that I wear when we travel has front pockets that were tight on the wallet. It was difficult to get the wallet out when the shorts werent even on, never mind when they were on. I had noticed a couple of times that my wallet was near the top of my pocket...thinking that somehow my camera which is on a side strap had caught my pocket and pulled the wallet to the top of my pocket...I just kept pushing it back down.

It wasnt until the pickpocket and her accomplice had me between them that I figured it out in a nano second when I thought I felt her trying to get it again. I scared the crap out of them and they got out of the area. I am 6'3", 290 pounds, so I am a big guy. I was pissed at myself because I had let it go on so long after I looked back on it.....but my conclusion is if they want to pursue you gear or wallet they will until you confront them.

The guy that lost his lens, that would not happen as I would haul butt out of there before they had the chance....you have to be aware....for sure...and someone getting in my face as appeared in the video I would not for an instance let that happen as I would make a huge fuss....as I said a 6'3" big guy can be very intimidating if need be. I must also add my wife and I travel together and I always have her walk in front of me in a crowd where I can watch her gear.....that means that if someone wants to mess, they have to mess with me.

By the way, we do have insurance rider on the gear we have. It is expensive if you have a lot of gear you want covered, my rider policy is $900 a year, but I dont worry about the gear as I know I am covered it would just be the inconvenience of losing something when we are on a trip. That would suck big time!

Aug 20, 2017 at 05:17 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.