New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Calibrating 2017 iMac with i1 Display Pro

lbass

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Calibrating 2017 iMac with i1 Display Pro

Hi everyone,

I am having issues calibrating the new 2017 27" iMac. I have never had any issues using the i1 Display Pro before.

With all my previous Macs I have calibrated using "White LED". When I select White LED with the new iMac I get a pretty good result. Maybe slightly too yellow.

However, I read that with the new iMac the display type is GBr LED. When I select this my calibration is way off (very green).

Does anybody know how I should calibrate the 2017 iMac?

Thank you!

Aug 18, 2017 at 09:07 AM
OntheRez
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Calibrating 2017 iMac with i1 Display Pro

Ibass,

Can't answer your question, but one for you. Don't know what you upgraded from, but how different/better is this "super iMac?" That's quite a price bump. Do you see significantly better outcomes?

Thx

Aug 20, 2017 at 03:47 PM
John Wheeler
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Calibrating 2017 iMac with i1 Display Pro

I don't have an iMac yet here is the Xrite recommended procedure when you have issues: http://www.xrite.com/service-support/poor_results_with_i1display_pro_on_mac

Aug 20, 2017 at 07:26 PM
Peter Figen
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Calibrating 2017 iMac with i1 Display Pro

I had no issues at all calibrating my new iMac 27" 5K with the X-rite. I think I just used White LED, 95 cd/m2, but make sure you click the Advanced Tab and choose the largest patch size and save the profile as a v2 LUT based profile, not a matrix. That largest size color patch will absolutely make a difference. I also set the monitor res to the same as my Eizo, at half the native res of the 5K screen. The big differences between this built-in screen and the high end Eizo CG277 is that the iMac screen clips the blacks below about10-12 RGB, crushing all that below into no detail while the Eizo still delineates all the way down. But as a second screen, it's just fine.

Aug 20, 2017 at 08:32 PM
ELinder
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Calibrating 2017 iMac with i1 Display Pro

I have a new 21.5 inch 4K iMac and i1 Display Pro, which as far as I know is the same display type. I left everything at the defaults including the auto control of the display during calibration. This page confirms the display type setting you need. http://xritephoto.com/ph_product_overview.aspx?ID=1473&Action=Support&SupportID=5904

Erich

Aug 20, 2017 at 10:50 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password