Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

  

Monochrome Flower
  
 
Bob Jarman
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Monochrome Flower


Tonal play - thoughts and comments appreciated,

Bob




  X-Pro1    50mm    f/5.6    1/250s    1000 ISO    0.0 EV  




Aug 17, 2017 at 11:57 PM
eeneryma
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Monochrome Flower


As usual, your composition and processing here Bob are unusual and quite beautiful. Conceptually, I wish the leaf in the front which is the brightest part of the photo and where my eye goes to first is not in sharp focus. Maybe slightly darken that area so that it is not as prominent.

Steve



Aug 18, 2017 at 01:22 AM
AuntiPode
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Monochrome Flower


Does have a nice platinum/palladium print vibe to it.


Aug 18, 2017 at 04:25 AM
solarishead
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Monochrome Flower


Very interesting and I'm a bit perplexed by the processing. Could you share the original color version? Curious to see if I could produce anything similar. I really like it.


Aug 18, 2017 at 01:27 PM
Bob Jarman
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Monochrome Flower


solarishead wrote:
Very interesting and I'm a bit perplexed by the processing. Could you share the original color version? Curious to see if I could produce anything similar. I really like it.



PM'd you



Aug 18, 2017 at 01:50 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 

        


sbeme
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Monochrome Flower


PM me too, Bob. I am especially fond of the processing, overall look.
I agree with Steve about some detraction from the softer focused "tongue" brightly sticking out.
Scott



Aug 19, 2017 at 12:21 PM
Bob Jarman
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Monochrome Flower


sbeme wrote:
PM me too, Bob. I am especially fond of the processing, overall look.
I agree with Steve about some detraction from the softer focused "tongue" brightly sticking out.
Scott


PM sent.



Aug 19, 2017 at 07:22 PM
douter
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Monochrome Flower


Could as easily be interpreted as a green plant rather than a flower blossom Bob. Good texture, the processing looks fine to me.
Douglas



Aug 20, 2017 at 12:51 PM
beavens
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Monochrome Flower


Brightest/most contrasty part being OOF is throwing me for a bit of a loop.

A little darker than I'd normally go, but I really like that piece in the center.

Jeff



Aug 20, 2017 at 01:17 PM
Bob Jarman
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Monochrome Flower


douter wrote:
Could as easily be interpreted as a green plant rather than a flower blossom Bob. Good texture, the processing looks fine to me.
Douglas


Thank you for your thoughts Douglas,

The blossom is a deep fuchsia with obvious imperfections.

Regards,

Bob



---------------------------------------------

beavens wrote:
Brightest/most contrasty part being OOF is throwing me for a bit of a loop.

A little darker than I'd normally go, but I really like that piece in the center.

Jeff


Jeff,

Thank you for your thoughts,

Bob




Aug 20, 2017 at 04:17 PM







FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password