New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · C1 for Sony

rico
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · C1 for Sony

Anyone using Capture One being that it's free for Sony shooters? Am contemplating the purchase of C1 for both Sony and Nikon, and the free version might be a good way for some testing before I commit the bucks. My concern is whether free means castrated featurewise.

Aug 17, 2017 at 05:12 PM
DavidBM
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · C1 for Sony

rico wrote:
Anyone using Capture One being that it's free for Sony shooters? Am contemplating the purchase of C1 for both Sony and Nikon, and the free version might be a good way for some testing before I commit the bucks. My concern is whether free means castrated featurewise.

The free version is stripped back; but Sony users can pay a modest amount -$50? - to upgrade to the full version for Sony only, and that is not stripped back at all except insofar as its Sony only.

For what it's worth my take is that with a big package like C1, or LR, a test period won't tell you much, because the rubber hits the road after a long period of intense use, when you finally understand the shortcuts and have internalized them, have developed a workflow and so on: only then will you know if for you it is better/worse than what you use. Which means evaluating is relatively pointless: if C1 does something you really want, and you think it worth the very substantial hassle of migration and relearning, then just commit to it and hope that in a year you judge it worth it...

Aug 17, 2017 at 05:21 PM
rico
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · C1 for Sony

Thanks for the feedback, David! Gimp has been my photo tool for 15 years and its weak points are painfully ingrained, so I won't need a year to determine if C1 fits the bill. I do need a bit more time than the trial period offered by Phase One, so $50 for full-featured Sony support is ideal. I can followup with Nikon later down the road.

Aug 17, 2017 at 05:39 PM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · C1 for Sony

You can download a free trail version of C1 for 30 days including the Pro version. At least you where used to be able. I use it all the time

Aug 17, 2017 at 06:25 PM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.