New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Missing Photos from SD Card

CFitchett

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Missing Photos from SD Card

I am hoping someone on here can help me. I am freaking out! This has never happened to me before and I don't know how I can recover my photos.

I have many images missing from my SD card. Its a larger SD card so I have to use transcend to load them in my computer. I have put my SD card back in my camera to see if the images are there and again, they are not. How can I recover my images and why does this happen?!?!

Aug 17, 2017 at 03:03 PM
jstrawman
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Missing Photos from SD Card

http://www.piriform.com/recuva

Free and has worked well for me in the past.

Be sure not to write any more files to the card
before you try to recover the lost images.

Aug 17, 2017 at 04:14 PM
CFitchett

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Missing Photos from SD Card

Thank you so much. All the recover sites I was trying to use wanted to charge me 50 bucks.

More important- why does this happen?

Aug 17, 2017 at 09:30 PM
story_teller
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Missing Photos from SD Card

Can't give you a definite reason, but here are some good rules for using SD cards in a camera;
1. Always format the card whenever you put it in the camera. Even a brand new card.
2. If you use a card from another camera, reformat it when you put in your camera.
3. Try not to delete photos using the camera, but rather download the photos to the computer, delete them on the computer and then reformat the card when you put the card back in the camera. If you use the camera to delete photos you potentially run the risk of corrupting or fragmenting the files to the point that the camera can't track the fragments properly on the card.

See if that helps in the future.

Aug 18, 2017 at 02:42 PM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.