Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       4       5       end

B&H to Pay $3.22M to Settle Lawsuit Filed by the Dept...

DeverPhoto

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · B&H to Pay $3.22M to Settle Lawsuit Filed by the Dept. of Labor

Ouch. Mods please move to better spot if needed.

https://petapixel.com/2017/08/16/bh-pay-3-22m-settle-lawsuit-filed-dept-labor/

Aug 16, 2017 at 08:22 PM
Desmolicious
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · B&H to Pay $3.22M to Settle Lawsuit Filed by the Dept. of Labor

"to over 1,300 workers involved in the settlement"

Wait, what? How many people work at B&H?

Aug 16, 2017 at 08:27 PM
Betacamman
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · B&H to Pay $3.22M to Settle Lawsuit Filed by the Dept. of Labor

The number involves employees over several years, I believe. From previous article: "The government has some specific and serious accusations against B&H as a result of a review conducted between January 2011 and January 2013."

Aug 16, 2017 at 08:29 PM
Xavier Rival
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · B&H to Pay $3.22M to Settle Lawsuit Filed by the Dept. of Labor

Desmolicious wrote:

Just guessing here, but that could include people who applied for a job and felt they were turned down due to discrimination...

Aug 16, 2017 at 08:32 PM
c.d.embrey
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · B&H to Pay $3.22M to Settle Lawsuit Filed by the Dept. of Labor

Desmolicious wrote:

Online sales are a BIG deal. Like Amazon, B&H sells a lot more than photo gear. When you have a large operation like this you need people or robots doing warehousing, shipping and receiving as well as customer-service and sales.

On B &H's opening page https://www.bhphotovideo.com they list computers, home entertainment, pro audio and telescopes/binoculars as well as cameras, etc.

Aug 16, 2017 at 09:05 PM
goto_dengo

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · B&H to Pay $3.22M to Settle Lawsuit Filed by the Dept. of Labor

Queue the B&H defenders, who will post momentarily claiming that B&H is faultless, and just paid this money to make the lawsuit go away. 3, 2, 1....

Aug 16, 2017 at 09:10 PM
Ektar25
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · B&H to Pay $3.22M to Settle Lawsuit Filed by the Dept. of Labor

I've been buying from them for 25+ years, not going to stop now.

Aug 16, 2017 at 10:09 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · B&H to Pay $3.22M to Settle Lawsuit Filed by the Dept. of Labor

Ektar25 wrote:
I've been buying from them for 25+ years, not going to stop now.

Same here.

Aug 16, 2017 at 11:08 PM
chez
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · B&H to Pay $3.22M to Settle Lawsuit Filed by the Dept. of Labor

I never really spent much money at B&H, local outfit matched their prices and I'd much rather support local business. Given the outcome of this allegations, B&H will not get anymore of my money. There are other places out there that deserve it more.

Aug 16, 2017 at 11:55 PM
Dj R
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · B&H to Pay $3.22M to Settle Lawsuit Filed by the Dept. of Labor

I knew about these stories.

always order from adorama when I can. but b&h has better shipping deals. so it ends up being 50/50.

Aug 17, 2017 at 01:14 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · B&H to Pay $3.22M to Settle Lawsuit Filed by the Dept. of Labor

This is a positive. The workers get a payout and B&H will pull their socks up.

Aug 17, 2017 at 02:56 AM
VictorJB
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · B&H to Pay $3.22M to Settle Lawsuit Filed by the Dept. of Labor

In this day and age we cannot support businesses that support discriminatory practices. B&H shame on you. Especially since you have such a strong Jewish background, you should know what it feels like to be discriminated against.

Aug 17, 2017 at 02:12 PM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · B&H to Pay $3.22M to Settle Lawsuit Filed by the Dept. of Labor

Dj R wrote:
always order from adorama when I can......

It's rare that we wouldn't price match to any equally reputable retailer - which B&H most certainly is. You only need email me: [email protected]

Edited on Aug 18, 2017 at 08:01 AM · View previous versions

Aug 17, 2017 at 02:13 PM
CMYK Designs
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · B&H to Pay $3.22M to Settle Lawsuit Filed by the Dept. of Labor

I work a block away from BH, I will continue to give them my business for certain items. Big ticket goes to Allen's Camera in PA....No tax and they ALWAYS give me a great deal and personal service.

Aug 17, 2017 at 03:05 PM
prosumerhacks
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · B&H to Pay $3.22M to Settle Lawsuit Filed by the Dept. of Labor

Stopped using B&H long time ago; their packaging standards were getting too bad to tolerate. And this ^.

Aug 17, 2017 at 04:00 PM
rw11
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · B&H to Pay $3.22M to Settle Lawsuit Filed by the Dept. of Labor

VictorJB wrote:
In this day and age we cannot support businesses that support discriminatory practices. B&H shame on you. Especially since you have such a strong Jewish background, you should know what it feels like to be discriminated against.

well put

Aug 17, 2017 at 06:39 PM
Alexluu627
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · B&H to Pay $3.22M to Settle Lawsuit Filed by the Dept. of Labor

Social Justice.... strikes again....

Aug 17, 2017 at 07:46 PM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · B&H to Pay $3.22M to Settle Lawsuit Filed by the Dept. of Labor

I am not privvy to the case. But the settlement suggests wrongdoing was absolutely done - but to what degree I do not know. This being the Internet, people will believe, or think, what they will.

Pot-kettle-black.

Let him who is without sin...

And all of that stuff.

Aug 18, 2017 at 02:31 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · B&H to Pay $3.22M to Settle Lawsuit Filed by the Dept. of Labor

goto_dengo wrote:
Queue the B&H defenders, who will post momentarily claiming that B&H is faultless, and just paid this money to make the lawsuit go away. 3, 2, 1....

Why so negative?

Aug 18, 2017 at 07:54 AM
Michael White
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · B&H to Pay $3.22M to Settle Lawsuit Filed by the Dept. of Labor

Whenever you have a large organization someone is going to fill slighted it happens pull on your big boy pants and go on with life. We have become a sue happy country

Aug 18, 2017 at 11:20 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password