Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · A7r2 defaulting to AF when powering up?

rparchen
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A7r2 defaulting to AF when powering up?

I've been using my new A7r2 for the past few weeks and I've noticed that AF is always turned on when I power up the camera even though it was set to MF before it was powered down. Is there a way to prevent that from happening? I typically set my MF distance and it would be nice if I can power the camera on/off without it defaulting to AF when the camera powers up. I'm only using native AF lenses so it isn't an adapter thing. Any insight? Thanks!

Aug 16, 2017 at 01:32 PM
xpfloyd
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A7r2 defaulting to AF when powering up?

This Is normal but when you switch back to MF your focus by wire lens will still be at the same focus distance as previous. I noticed this on my batis lenses as the oled displayed the same distance after turning on and switching back to MF

Aug 16, 2017 at 01:45 PM
Betacamman
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A7r2 defaulting to AF when powering up?

I just tried this, both turning it off and pulling the batteries, and my A7Rii stayed in MF mode when I turned it back on with an FE 85mm on it.

(edit: I think I misunderstood what you said, so this is likely irrelevant)

Aug 16, 2017 at 01:46 PM
Charlie N
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A7r2 defaulting to AF when powering up?

there are two ways to switch AF/MF. One is through a custom button, AF/MF toggle, and the other with AF mode. In the AF mode where you select AF-s/AF-c, you can select MF as well. That's the one that keeps MF mode. Not sure if distance is retained or not.

Aug 16, 2017 at 01:54 PM
rparchen
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · A7r2 defaulting to AF when powering up?

Charlie N wrote:
there are two ways to switch AF/MF. One is through a custom button, AF/MF toggle, and the other with AF mode. In the AF mode where you select AF-s/AF-c, you can select MF as well. That's the one that keeps MF mode. Not sure if distance is retained or not.

Ah, that's what did it! I do have a custom button for the AF/MF toggle and my issue was fixed by setting the toggle to AF and then changing to MF in the Fn menu that has AF-s/AF-c, DMF, etc. Now the custom button can switch back and forth between AF/MF and it is retained each time I power down/up the camera but MF does have to be selected in the Fn menu. Thanks for the info!

Aug 16, 2017 at 02:47 PM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.