FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Abyss Pool

gordon l
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Abyss Pool

Title of this post is actually the name of this thermal feature at West Thumb Geyser Basin. The colors at Yellowstone really challenge any color space (RGB, sRGB, Adobe, ProPhoto, etc.). Seeing these in person is such a delight. I hope this photo can do some justice to the place.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Landscapes/Photo-of-the-Month/Photo-of-the-Month-1/i-WMMTJBJ/0/38f436ad/X2/Abyss%20Pool-X2.jpg

Aug 15, 2017 at 04:22 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Abyss Pool

Hey Gordon,

Yellowstone is a very cool place, and yeah the colors are amazing and definitely stretch the brain.

Jim

Aug 15, 2017 at 04:56 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Abyss Pool

Nice work on a tough subject. And you managed to get it without people in the frame and some nice clouds.

Aug 15, 2017 at 04:58 PM
gordon l
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Abyss Pool

ben egbert wrote:
Nice work on a tough subject. And you managed to get it without people in the frame and some nice clouds.

Some boardwalks go 270 degrees around the pools. This pool has boardwalk just on 1 1/2 sides, so I could stand on it and look out to a view without people. I just happened to have gorgeous clouds and a good sun position at the same time.
Thanks Ben.

Aug 17, 2017 at 08:28 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.