FM Forum Rules
Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Recommendations for Posting Images

Rob Tracy
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Recommendations for Posting Images

It has been a few years since I've put pictures on FM. The old limit was 800px long length. What settings are you using? Does the limit matter anymore?

Aug 15, 2017 at 12:25 PM
LordV
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Recommendations for Posting Images

Rob Tracy wrote:
It has been a few years since I've put pictures on FM. The old limit was 800px long length. What settings are you using? Does the limit matter anymore?

I'm not sure if there is an official limit anymore but I think keeping shots to 1024 or 1200 pixels max width is best both for ease of viewing and also making it less likely the photo would be of much use to anyone thinking of ripping it off.

Brian v.

Aug 16, 2017 at 12:42 AM
e6filmuser
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Recommendations for Posting Images

Rob,

The guideline used to be 1024 wide. By coincidence my DxO Pro 9 puts them out at that size unless I request full size.

I post single frames 1024 wide and stereo pairs 1200 wide. Very rarely (it has happened once this year for one of my images) there may be so much detail in the image that it exceeds the acceptable file size. In that case, you can re-save the image at lower quality or at a smaller size to upload.

For some time now, there has been software which resizes posted images to a standard size while you view them. It works for individual images, one at a time and is activated by clicking on the image.

Harold

Aug 16, 2017 at 04:56 AM

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.