Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Fuji GFX-50S EVF bug with manual flashguns?

JLRII

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fuji GFX-50S EVF bug with manual flashguns?

I am using a Canon 600EX-RT flashgun in manual output mode on my GFX. The camera body flash setting is set M (the only option available for triggering unrecognized flashes/transmitters), the setup works as expected and triggers normally when I am using the rear display, but the flash does not get triggered if the EVF is on. Has anyone here encountered similar behavior with manual flashes/transmitters not triggering during EVF use with the GFX? And if so, is a workaround available, some camera setting I am missing, perhaps?

Aug 15, 2017 at 03:04 PM
Steve Spencer
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fuji GFX-50S EVF bug with manual flashguns?

JLRII wrote:
I am using a Canon 600EX-RT flashgun in manual output mode on my GFX. The camera body flash setting is set M (the only option available for triggering unrecognized flashes/transmitters), the setup works as expected and triggers normally when I am using the rear display, but the flash does not get triggered if the EVF is on. Has anyone here encountered similar behavior with manual flashes/transmitters not triggering during EVF use with the GFX? And if so, is a workaround available, some camera setting I am missing, perhaps?

Is the flash mounted in the hot shoe or are you using a pc chord? If you aren't using a pc chord, I would try that. It might be something about the pass through of the hot shoe to the EVF.

Aug 15, 2017 at 08:38 PM
JLRII

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fuji GFX-50S EVF bug with manual flashguns?

Steve Spencer wrote:
Is the flash mounted in the hot shoe or are you using a pc chord? If you aren't using a pc chord, I would try that. It might be something about the pass through of the hot shoe to the EVF.

The flash is mounted to the hot shoe and is being triggered via the hot shoe. Triggering the flashgun via hot shoe works without issue when using the body hot shoe, and triggering via the EVF hot shoe works as long as the EVF is not in use. I'll give the PC cord suggestion a try, although I'll need to track down a cable first.

As an aside, I'm finding that the GFX is performing slightly better than the advertised 1/125th max flash sync speed and appears to sync just fine at shutter speeds of 1/160th - or at the very least, I haven't run into any issues yet while testing flash sync at 1/160th (1/200th is a definite no-go, however).

Aug 15, 2017 at 11:14 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password