New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Advice on Aarhus, Denmark

bflood
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Advice on Aarhus, Denmark

My wife and I will be stopping in Aarhus while on a cruise for our 50th anniversary. This isn't a photo trip, but I'm taking a D610 and kit lens with hopes to document the trip reasonably well.

I'm 70 years old, partially disabled, and walk slowly, and I don't hike long distances (miles and miles) any more. Nevertheless, I've done my internet homework and have identified some churches, the oldest part of town, and a riverside restaurant area that I plan to shoot, and all of this fits within the distances I can handle from the ship's dock location.

I'm looking for any shooting experience in Aarhus that could guide me on real can't-miss locations. I can even be persuaded to take a taxi for good enough subject.

Anyone been there? Maybe even live there? TIA.

Aug 14, 2017 at 10:33 PM
susieknudsen

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Advice on Aarhus, Denmark

Seems like you have done your homework well. Den gamle by (The Old Town) is a working museum, and I recommend visiting. The harbour front have been undergoing a lot of changes so if you are interested in archicture that is a good place. The area around Store Torv is also a good location, and as you mentioned the riverside (Åboulevarden) is nice. I have lived in Aarhus for 40 years but the last 15 years I have lived in Copenhagen, so my recent info is only from visiting Aarhus.

Hope you enjoy your visit.

Aug 15, 2017 at 02:05 AM
bflood
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Advice on Aarhus, Denmark

Thank you, Ms. Knudsen. The specific tip about Store Torv is very helpful. We will be taking this cruise with friends, and I expect that all of us will enjoy Den Gamle By, which is about as far from the ship as I care to try walking. The good part is that I'll have all day to do that walk over and back to the ship. And the churches, the Mollestien street, and the riverfront are along the way.

Aug 15, 2017 at 09:14 PM
susieknudsen

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Advice on Aarhus, Denmark

If you should feel like going further, then it's very nice south of Aarhus along the coast. The forest Marselisborg is a place a lot of locals go if weather is nice.

The smaller street north of Store Torv is a hot place now, it used to be the red light district but not any more.

Aug 16, 2017 at 01:30 AM
dalite
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Advice on Aarhus, Denmark

And oh, you must try the picked herring. That's Danish hygge[/I]

Aug 22, 2017 at 01:23 PM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.