New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · LOFOTEN : 5-6 days end of August / early September

Frogfish
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · LOFOTEN : 5-6 days end of August / early September

We have 5-6 days (flights to be confirmed) end of August / early September OR we could make it later in (mid) September if the chances of Aurora sightings skyrocket !!

I'm with my wife for this trip (more scouting and for my wife this time but obviously I want to shoot too !) but she slipped 3 disks a couple of years ago and since then we have to be extremely careful, so easy hikes not over 5kms each way and nothing overly strenuous (climbs) are the order of the day.

We'll be arriving in Svolvaer from Bodo on the ferry.

Need advice on what/where you can recommend in the way of hotels / B&Bs etc. And maybe also a tour route for these 5 nights ? Should we base ourselves in one location and restrict movement since we only have a few days or should we move around from hotel to hotel / location to location ?

Reine, Sakrisoy, Kvalvika, Offersoykammen, Vestvagoy, Ryten, Unstad, Skottinden, Nonstinden, Ballstad, Mt Skottind, Vaeroy, Kyllingdalen etc. are on my list but I've no idea where they are in relation to each other (yet, I'm sure Google Maps will help out).

However I'D REALLY LIKE YOUR ADVICE ON WHICH TO INCLUDE AND WHICH TO LEAVE OUT AND WHAT I'VE MISSED FROM THE LIST ABOVE ! Sorry for the capitalisation !!

Many thanks !
Kevin

Aug 14, 2017 at 02:07 PM
twoeye
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · LOFOTEN : 5-6 days end of August / early September

This page is very good with lots of free info/ guides as well as ebooks:

http://www.68north.com/outdoors/

Aug 14, 2017 at 03:16 PM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.