New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · 120mm Film expired Should I buy it

esanchez
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 120mm Film expired Should I buy it

Came across a lot of 120mm Fuji Pro 400H expired in 2008 but always in freezer. Is there an interest in 120mm film? Would it be worth for me to buy it? About 30 rolls

Aug 14, 2017 at 01:27 PM
Kenj8246
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 120mm Film expired Should I buy it

As long as the seller isn't selling it for 'new' prices, sure why not?

Aug 14, 2017 at 01:31 PM
esanchez
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 120mm Film expired Should I buy it

a dollar a roll I really have no use for it but that at $1 a roll someone else could use it.

Aug 14, 2017 at 02:17 PM
trogdon
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 120mm Film expired Should I buy it

I'd easily pay $1 a roll for that. It's worth a lot more than that for sure. If you are interested in reselling, I would definitely buy!

Aug 14, 2017 at 02:59 PM
lenticular11
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 120mm Film expired Should I buy it

I'm also interested at that price, even when I have to factor in US-Australia shipping (Australia Post operates a forwarding facility in Oregon, so seller gets to send within CONUS).

Aug 15, 2017 at 07:58 AM
Pavel
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 120mm Film expired Should I buy it

I've used film that was 16 years old and not kept in a fridge at any point (a whole brick) and it was just fine, a little less DMax - but of course that was black and white.

With color, I think it should be as good as new if it was in the freezer and I'd even get color films that old if in a fridge. You could get some color shifts, but if you plan of scanning it, it should clean up to whatever you want.

I used to really like Fuji Pro H.

MY only problem with color nowadays are the high prices to develop and that places like Walmart were pretty poor, and I thought that they got rid of their wet print machines and now ship out. I don't do my own color, only a few much more well set up folks do.

That price is a giveaway price. Adorama sells a five pack for 36 bucks in 120. Then you have to pay for shipping. Then it sits in the hot sun somewhere on a UPS dock and turns funny colors.

I say don't buy - but tell me where you saw this deal.

Aug 19, 2017 at 05:58 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.