Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

GH5 EVF when shooting burst...

Photo_45

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · GH5 EVF when shooting burst...

I've read several reviews where the resolution of the GH5 EVF dropped considerably when shooting at the highest burst rate of 9 FPS. Here is a quote from DPReview of the GH5:"The biggest issue with using the GH5 to capture fast action concerns the viewfinder. The GH5 may have a very high quality electronic viewfinder, but when you are shooting at its maximum burst rate, the resolution drops so far as to make it difficult to tell what's in focus at all; beyond that, the 'tracking' reticules are already difficult to see with lots of moving subjects, and when the resolution drops, they become obscured even further."

Has anyone experienced this issue. If so, is there a big difference in the resolution of the viewfinder between burst rates of 9 and 7 FPS.

Aug 14, 2017 at 01:15 AM
millsart
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · GH5 EVF when shooting burst...

I owned one briefly, and while maybe the resolution did drop, I couldn't really tell since its such a high resolution already. Honestly, I bet the "dropped" resolution is still higher than most of the EVF's I've owned up til recently.

Besides that, when your shooting fast action at 9FPS, I don't really think there is time between frames to even critically judge things like focus. For me it was basically just trying to the keep the AF box over the target.

I found it a totally non-issue in actual use. Quite the enjoyable camera as a whole

Aug 14, 2017 at 01:49 AM
ijm5012

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · GH5 EVF when shooting burst...

Exactly millsart. At 9fps, you're not judging focus of each frame in the EVF. All you're using it for is to ensure that you're keeping the focusing targets on your subject.

Aug 14, 2017 at 11:45 AM

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password