Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

An Adventure: Fuji X-T20 + Canon FD 85mm 1.2 L + EdMika C...

seppling

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · An Adventure: Fuji X-T20 + Canon FD 85mm 1.2 L + EdMika Conversion + LensTurbo II

Short-time lurker, first-time poster. As I'm sure has happened to many of you, I saw some photos on the internet and became infatuated with a certain lens. The Canon FD 85MM f/1.2 L.

Growing up with a dad who shot Nikon, I naturally fell in line and hardly looked across the fence at the other side. Now since moving to a mirrorless system that allows for endless adaption possibilities, I was more open. The way this lens seems to render has me transfixed. The OOF falloff and bokeh rendering, all that good stuff, I was smitten.

Then, I ran into a small problem. The FD mount. Wanting that FF equivilant of an 85mm, I was going to have to go the focal reducer route. The Metabones FD-FX was turnkey, but expensive and I didn't know how many more FD lenses I would be purchasing.

So, in a convoluted attempt to get exactly what I want, I'm going to be converting the 85mm L from NFD to EF with the EdMika conversion kit (http://edmika.com). It's apparently irreversible, difficult, and I'm completely inexperienced.

EdMika has been wonderfully helpful so far, and mentioned that about 10% of attempted home conversions get stuck on this lens and have to send it in for him to convert.

I'll just say I'm a bit nervous.

Naturally, with the stakes so high, I figured I'd let others in on the fun. The lens and lens turbo are here, and the conversion kit is on the way.

I'll take photos of the process, and hopefully share samples after all is said and done. Hope you'll join along!

Anyone else with similar experience? Would love to hear how it went.

Aug 13, 2017 at 02:05 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password