FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Equipment Tagging

level1photog
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Equipment Tagging

Anyone tag their equipment in case it get lost? I was thinking of buying some Avery paper. Metal equipment tagging is so expensive.

Aug 12, 2017 at 11:12 PM
BKphotography
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Equipment Tagging

I had some small stickers made up of my logo which I use.

Saves me from mixing up equipment with second shooters.

It would also help it make its way home if it was lost and found by a good samaritan.

Aug 13, 2017 at 11:43 AM
t4haughton
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Equipment Tagging

A good label maker is cheap insurance. Skip the paper stickers and look at something like this.

The general rule is: if you want it back, label it. I number everything that I have multiples of, but most importantly I put my name and phone number on everything.

Nowhere is it more important than your memory cards!

Aug 13, 2017 at 07:19 PM
Ziffl3
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Equipment Tagging

Mavericklabel.com is your friend.

which takes you to a new site ... idmystuff.com

there standard 29 sticker package is perfect.

I have yet to have a label start to peel off ... i am 2-3 years in.

Mark

Aug 13, 2017 at 07:46 PM
elkhornsun
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Equipment Tagging

I do not commingle my gear with that of my second photographers and if something walks off it has been stolen.

To date the only item I have had stolen was an expensive Custom Brackets bracket which fortunately all my FreeXWire and cable and speedlight had been removed. A label would have made no difference to a thief.

Aug 14, 2017 at 08:55 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

level1photog
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Equipment Tagging

elkhornsun wrote:
I do not commingle my gear with that of my second photographers and if something walks off it has been stolen.

To date the only item I have had stolen was an expensive Custom Brackets bracket which fortunately all my FreeXWire and cable and speedlight had been removed. A label would have made no difference to a thief.

It's not going to deter theft or because I share gears with my second. Of course if someone want to steal it, it wouldn't matter.

The only reason why I was looking into it because I saw on Facebook someone wanted to return gears but they have no way of returning it.

Also, I've returned lost smartphone and would have return someone camera's gears if I found it at certain location if contact info is provided. At least tagging your equipment give honest people a chance to return it to you.

Aug 16, 2017 at 07:51 PM
Evan JF Roth
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Equipment Tagging

I put my name on some red tape in a hidden spot on all my expensive gear - like behind the pop-out screen. I figure it might be useful if someone try to pawn it off.

I also use some red gaffers tape on EVERY piece of equipment. I've lost many pieces at weddings and almost all of it has been returned because of those labels. ...Other than the person at a high school that stole 4 envelops out of my flash...

Aug 31, 2017 at 06:27 AM
glort
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Equipment Tagging

Thought this might have been a useful thread for something I was looking for today but bit of a play on terminology's.

I am looking for some sort of Radio/ GPS tag I can put on a tractor I am buying in case that grows legs. I know a lot of hire type equipment has these tracker things on it so if it goes missing, they can pinpoint where it is. I'm looking for something similar.

Probably nothing made small enough to put on camera gear though.

Aug 31, 2017 at 12:30 PM
ai3x
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Equipment Tagging

Yeah I use moo.com and label all my stuff. Had quite a bit returned over the years!

Aug 31, 2017 at 01:19 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password