New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

X100T getting slow to operate

anselwannab
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · X100T getting slow to operate

I have to admit ath I've been shooting my 1DXII more since I got it recently, but the X100T is still my travel (business) camera. I swear it is getting 'slow' in operation. Slow to turn on, slow to AF just in general a little pokey. Any thoughts on something I may have tweaked in the setting to make it slower? Just getting old and crotchety from living in my briefcase? Image quality seems fine.

I'd wipe the camera clean, but getting the setting to where I want them has been an evolutionary thing, so I'd hate to wipe it clean and start over.

Any thoughts?

Aug 12, 2017 at 06:05 AM
ransombb

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · X100T getting slow to operate

Personally, I doubt the camera is getting slower; you're just getting used to the faster operation of the Canon. Same thing happened to me: I LOVED my X-100T but after using my Canon gear for a while found the autofocus and wake-from-sleep times of the Fuji seemed to take forever.

I solved the problem by buying a (much more expensive) Leica Q which is very, very fast.

Aug 12, 2017 at 01:27 PM
anselwannab
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · X100T getting slow to operate

The 1DXII is insanely fast, things happen instantaneously. I did have a 1DII before that, not a slouch by any means. I might just wipe it clean and see what happens. The Q is growing on me. In the smaller M10 type chasis would make it a winner. A X100Fiifth would be the winner if they get a Q style MF lens function. Those Q seem to be holding their value really well.

Aug 12, 2017 at 02:16 PM
ransombb

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · X100T getting slow to operate

Yeah, the Q is a little large but feels good in my hands (I'm a big guy) with the addition of a thumb rest. I love the simplicity of it, the logical layout, and the speed.

And the image quality is pretty nice, too.

Aug 16, 2017 at 04:27 AM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password