Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

21:9 ultra wide monitor and photography?

nekrosoft13
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 21:9 ultra wide monitor and photography?

anyone use 21:9 ultra wide curved monitor?

Any issues with lightroom or photoshop? does the curve bother you?

Aug 11, 2017 at 07:00 PM
15Bit
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 21:9 ultra wide monitor and photography?

Given the scarcity of "photo editing quality" 21:9 monitors with wide colour space, lookup tables etc., i don't think you will get a lot of replies here.

Aug 11, 2017 at 07:20 PM
dmcphoto
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 21:9 ultra wide monitor and photography?

You'll do a better job of photo editing on a 27" NEC PA272W with Spectraview calibration or a 30" NEC PA302W with Spectraview calibration. You'll notice that the LG curved monitor covers 99% of the sRGB color space while the NEC models cover 99.3% of the Adobe RGB color space, which is MUCH larger. The LG has "factory calibration" while the NEC has calibration hardware. That matters because calibrating a monitor monthly is necessary to keep it accurate over time. And I see no mention of 10 bit support on the LG, 14-bit LUT, and on and on. If you're going to edit photos, especially if your intent is printing them, the LG isn't the monitor I'd choose.

Aug 11, 2017 at 07:51 PM
CanadaMark
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 21:9 ultra wide monitor and photography?

You don't want a curved monitor if you care about accuracy. I'm also unaware of any ultra-wides that are high enough quality for critical photo editing (and you may not care that much which is fine).

Another vote for the NEC PA272W - it's the most reasonably priced truly professional grade monitor with proper calibration IMO. You can buy it without Specraview and just use an existing Eye One or similar if you already own something.

Aug 11, 2017 at 08:10 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

elkhornsun
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 21:9 ultra wide monitor and photography?

I switched recently from a 16:9 aspect ratio monitor to a 16:10 one and gained a significant amount of vertical height. For photo editing the height of the display is what limits the enlargement of the image that I can view.

For any purpose I can think of the use of two displays would be more useful than an ultra wide single monitor.

Aug 11, 2017 at 08:23 PM
nekrosoft13
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 21:9 ultra wide monitor and photography?

elkhornsun wrote:
I switched recently from a 16:9 aspect ratio monitor to a 16:10 one and gained a significant amount of vertical height. For photo editing the height of the display is what limits the enlargement of the image that I can view.

For any purpose I can think of the use of two displays would be more useful than an ultra wide single monitor.

two monitors would be horrible for gaming... split in middle is bad.

anyway, here is the challenge, I want a monitor for productivity, photography and gaming.

Aug 11, 2017 at 08:57 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 21:9 ultra wide monitor and photography?

Get two different types of monitors.

EBH

Aug 11, 2017 at 11:19 PM
nekrosoft13
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 21:9 ultra wide monitor and photography?

EB-1 wrote:
Get two different types of monitors.

EBH

haha, in ideal world that would be nice, but then I would have no room on the desk

Aug 12, 2017 at 10:35 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password